25/8 report

phil1818

25/8 report

Post by phil1818 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Head out offshore this morning in search of the gummies, headed out to a spot iv had success at previously and also lost my anchor at 5 weeks ago! :rofl: anyway got a nice burly trail going and within 40 mins of setting up some **** heads decided there just isn’t enough room out in bass strait and pulled up 20m away!!! Seriously could hear the flogs talking they were that close! Pulled up the pick and bugger me I see a bright orange rope floating near the boat, my anchor from 5 weeks ago!!! Pulled it up and was already growing weed all over it what are the chances :a_goodjob: anyway bugger all fish had, got 12 draughtboard sharks and a big ray. Still a good day out but some serious morons about that’s for sure, might take the .22 out next time

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: 25/8 report

Post by Nude up » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:31 pm

It’s always amazing it’s a massive ocean and people still persist in anchoring close by shows they have no idea or you are on their mark. Draughtboard sharks what a pain huge mouth no meat on the body

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Surly if someone is already on your mark you would just go to another one of your marks, first in first served you just look like a complete tool when ya do stuff like that could of thrown a draughtboard straight into his boat :rofl:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:08 pm

phil1818 wrote:Surly if someone is already on your mark you would just go to another one of your marks, first in first served you just look like a complete tool when ya do stuff like that could of thrown a draughtboard straight into his boat :rofl:
Were you fishing a published mark or one you found yourself Phil?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Haha nice you got your old anchor back.
There will be plenty more idiots out in the coming months...

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:27 pm

rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:Surly if someone is already on your mark you would just go to another one of your marks, first in first served you just look like a complete tool when ya do stuff like that could of thrown a draughtboard straight into his boat :rofl:
I haven’t seen it published anywhere like navionics or the like put in a good bit of time sounding it up. Even if it was a published spot why the hell would you do that anyway just pig ignorance

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:42 pm

phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
I haven’t seen it published anywhere like navionics or the like put in a good bit of time sounding it up. Even if it was a published spot why the hell would you do that anyway just pig ignorance
Not saying its right a lot of published marks get a lot of attention thats all.

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Post by Yota » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:44 am

Yeah poor form the other boat pulling up so close.
Nice work getting your anchor back, so when you lost it did it get hung up on reef ?

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:48 am

Theres a couple of Melbourne fishing identities who are promoting their business selling tips, advice and gps marks.
A few of the photos they put on their social media platforms have very clear landmarks this type of online marketing obviiously gives away locations and increases angling presence.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:58 am

At least you got out Phil.
And, one of my pet hates as well, it's a big ocean, but all that aside, I'm astounded you pulled your anchor up ! great score mate.
Unfortunately you cant really do much when the idiots pull right up beside, happened to me all the time, brainless !

Col

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”