WP suggestions

Yota
Has liked: 114 times

Re: WP suggestions

Post by Yota » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Thank you Smile, who knows where I'll end up tomorrow. Might get meself high and dry on a sand bar somewhere for 7 hours ha ha ha.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:04 am

Yota wrote:Thank you Smile, who knows where I'll end up tomorrow. Might get meself high and dry on a sand bar somewhere for 7 hours ha ha ha.
I’d highly recommend going for a drive around on low tide to see just how much ground gets exposed. If you’ve got a gps you should be pretty right though

Yota

Post by Yota » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Quick report from today -
Lesson 1 - Stony Point Ramp has no electronic ticket system, only a man at the boom gate that accepts cash only. I should have researched that more ha ha. Coz I had $0000 cash on me of course so I had to go back to town for that.
Anyway it was a very windy day from the get go.
I launched at 6:45 am and gave up up at 1:30pm. The swell was getting uncomfortable and breaking against the boat making me wet, would of had to be a good 1meter swell. I was sitting in the channel edge south of mud island.
Landed a keeper gummy and non stop barracuda, I kept 5 cuda for bait. I've never seen them that size in the bay !! Largest I landed today was 60 cm long. Usually in the bay the cuda I've caught are 40cm max and dime a dozen are about 25-30cm long.
Anyway I survived WP yaaaaaaay , this time.
Pan Fried flake and wedges for dinner. Winner winner.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Mud island? You mean middle spit?

I’m not in Aus at the moment so haven’t checked wind or tides but Wpb is a **** when it’s wind against tide. Wind with tide sits beautifully.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:17 pm

smile0784 wrote:I heard the top end is doing well
Sure is mate. Got reds and gumbos in the last couple of weeks. I know a few others have got some real cracking fish too (not looking at any members here o.O) I have actually caught the most fish on couta, which surprised me. But hey, I don’t mind :P

Got two gummies yesterday, 60 and 65cm partial. Trying to upload a pic but phone is causing issues

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:18 pm

Yota wrote:Quick report from today -
Lesson 1 - Stony Point Ramp has no electronic ticket system, only a man at the boom gate that accepts cash only. I should have researched that more ha ha. Coz I had $0000 cash on me of course so I had to go back to town for that.
I launched at 6:45 am and gave up up at 1:30pm. The swell was getting uncomfortable and breaking against the boat making me wet, would of had to be a good 1meter swell. I was sitting in the channel edge south of mud island.
Landed a keeper gummy and non stop barracuda, I kept 5 cuda for bait. I've never seen them that size in the bay !! Largest I landed today was 60 cm long. Usually in the bay the cuda I've caught are 40cm max and dime a dozen are about 25-30cm long.
Good work mate.
Fresh couta, great bait.

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:22 pm

CarlG wrote:
Yota wrote:Quick report from today -
Good work mate.
Fresh couta, great bait.
It has been the bait of choice for me over the last couple of weeks, I guess they have normally disappeared once the water and fishing warms up so I don’t normally use it as bait, freezer is well stocked for sure now tho

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:25 pm

If you launched at Stoney on a crappy day like today, and ended up nr Mud Island, I'm suprised you made it back alive considering the seas!!! Ffs...

Yota

Post by Yota » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:57 pm

Ok let me double check this mud island place, sorry

Yota

Post by Yota » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Yeah sorry I was at Tortise head ??
Don't know where I got mud island from ???
My bad.

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”