Squid calamari fridge

How to prepare and cook your catch.
smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby smile0784 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:wow, i must really be the worst out of you lot.
everything i catch goes straight in the freezer (not even gutted)
i dont eat much fish, but my parents do, all the fish goes to them and they clean and prepare when they need to, so it can sit for weeks sometimes.


Whick fish you talking about cos.some fish freeze better whole and some just go bad


EVERYTHING!!!


I bet you do it because you don't want to get your hands dirty hey! Do your parents a solid and scale and gut the fish at least!


Exactly mate.
Not that hard to clean your catch amd then you mite actully eat some lol



Remove these ads.

User avatar
4liters
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 4376
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby 4liters » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:03 pm

CarlG wrote:
4liters wrote:
Lecterfan wrote:
4liters wrote:Best thing is to avoid putting it in the fridge altogether and simply dry it. We have the perfect climate for it, hot, low humidity and so on

Yummy
Image


You say "simply" dry it, but I suspect there is more to it than that. I've had a quick google and didn't find much - could you please link some relevant material, I'm really keen on this idea. Cheers.

Hang them from the clothes line on a warm windy day?


Hey Litres, do you reckon a hairdryer would do the same job.?

Can’t hurt to try, it’s not like any hair dryer you own would be getting much use otherwise
2015/16 Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby smile0784 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:05 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:No i haven't had the pleasure.. It's the constant sooking of using bait and the frequently used "eewww" after saying he's used bait that drew me to this conclusion. I've met a few ladies like him in my day;)

Cheers, Anth


lets see how quickly you can change nappies on 3 years old twins.
if you can out do me, ill stop using lures altogether :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
fishing with bait pfttttt :tongue:
btw, i started fishing with bait, and still occasionally do..


To his defence
Steve uses bait most of the time hes out with me unless me going after squid

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby smile0784 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:07 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:No i haven't had the pleasure.. It's the constant sooking of using bait and the frequently used "eewww" after saying he's used bait that drew me to this conclusion. I've met a few ladies like him in my day;)

Cheers, Anth


lets see how quickly you can change nappies on 3 years old twins.
if you can out do me, ill stop using lures altogether :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
fishing with bait pfttttt :tongue:
btw, i started fishing with bait, and still occasionally do..


I think i could change a nappie in about 45 seconds.
That upto yours speed?

purple5ive
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 5805
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby purple5ive » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:12 pm

smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:No i haven't had the pleasure.. It's the constant sooking of using bait and the frequently used "eewww" after saying he's used bait that drew me to this conclusion. I've met a few ladies like him in my day;)

Cheers, Anth


lets see how quickly you can change nappies on 3 years old twins.
if you can out do me, ill stop using lures altogether
fishing with bait pfttttt :tongue:
btw, i started fishing with bait, and still occasionally do..


I think i could change a nappie in about 45 seconds.
That upto yours speed?


ahahaha i can do both my kids and finished washing my hands by that time :tongue:
also wait till yours starts to roll around with sh*t stuck to his arse :rofl:
Small Fish Specialist :-D :-D :-D

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Posts: 1308
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby Sinsemilla » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:52 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:No i haven't had the pleasure.. It's the constant sooking of using bait and the frequently used "eewww" after saying he's used bait that drew me to this conclusion. I've met a few ladies like him in my day;)

Cheers, Anth


lets see how quickly you can change nappies on 3 years old twins.
if you can out do me, ill stop using lures altogether :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
fishing with bait pfttttt :tongue:
btw, i started fishing with bait, and still occasionally do..


I'll leave the nappies to you then.. I'll stick to fishing on the weekends!



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby smile0784 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm

purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:No i haven't had the pleasure.. It's the constant sooking of using bait and the frequently used "eewww" after saying he's used bait that drew me to this conclusion. I've met a few ladies like him in my day;)

Cheers, Anth


lets see how quickly you can change nappies on 3 years old twins.
if you can out do me, ill stop using lures altogether
fishing with bait pfttttt :tongue:
btw, i started fishing with bait, and still occasionally do..


I think i could change a nappie in about 45 seconds.
That upto yours speed?


ahahaha i can do both my kids and finished washing my hands by that time :tongue:
also wait till yours starts to roll around with sh*t stuck to his arse :rofl:


He does that now and rolls off the change tables and holds on to the side upside down lol

User avatar
Sinsemilla
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Rank: Rainbow Trout
Posts: 1308
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Northern Subs

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby Sinsemilla » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:54 pm

smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:No i haven't had the pleasure.. It's the constant sooking of using bait and the frequently used "eewww" after saying he's used bait that drew me to this conclusion. I've met a few ladies like him in my day;)

Cheers, Anth


lets see how quickly you can change nappies on 3 years old twins.
if you can out do me, ill stop using lures altogether :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
fishing with bait pfttttt :tongue:
btw, i started fishing with bait, and still occasionally do..


To his defence
Steve uses bait most of the time hes out with me unless me going after squid


I'm starting to think you have a thing for Stevie boy..

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6982
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby smile0784 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Got to stick up for your mates

User avatar
ducky
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 3743
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Postby ducky » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Just popping in to say that this thread is absolutely delivering the lulz for me.



Remove these ads.


Return to “Fish Recipes and Preparation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests