Squid calamari fridge

How to prepare and cook your catch.
CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Squid calamari fridge

Post by CarlG » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Scraglor wrote:Buy a vac sealer, seriously, it will change your life. If you arent eating within 24hrs, just vac seal it down, and it will defrost in 3 months like its just been caught. Even my GF who doesnt fish reckons she cant live without one these days.

Scrags absolutely on the money here. I use a pretty cheap one from Aldi, and buy the rolls on eBay. One of the best investments You'll make, I use mine for storing both bait, and for fish earmarked for eating.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:48 pm

catch squid put it ontop of kiwi friut slices for 5/6 hours the eat other than that vac seal ive got some salmon fillets in the freezer from 4 months ago and still look like prime bait

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 pm

CarlG wrote:
Scraglor wrote:Buy a vac sealer, seriously, it will change your life. If you arent eating within 24hrs, just vac seal it down, and it will defrost in 3 months like its just been caught. Even my GF who doesnt fish reckons she cant live without one these days.

Scrags absolutely on the money here. I use a pretty cheap one from Aldi, and buy the rolls on eBay. One of the best investments You'll make, I use mine for storing both bait, and for fish earmarked for eating.
I actually bought one for my parents so they can store the fish and other stuff that way.. you think they would at least try and attempt to use it??

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:12 pm

ducky wrote:Just popping in to say that this thread is absolutely delivering the lulz for me.
Glad i could be of some assitance :rofl:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:33 pm

purple5ive wrote:
CarlG wrote:

I actually bought one for my parents so they can store the fish and other stuff that way.. you think they would at least try and attempt to use it??
They are from the older generation so mite not take to new things ynless shown plenty of times.
My pa was the same.
He only used it while i was there and didnt want to use it when i wasnt vos he didn't want to brake it lol

Return to “Fish Recipes and Preparation”