cleaning/skinning a gummy.

How to prepare and cook your catch.
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: cleaning/skinning a gummy.

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:26 pm

ducky wrote:I've started freezing my gummys for at least 24 hours. Then defrosting on a plastic cake style tray so all the goop that comes out of the flesh can drop off. The palatability of gummies since doing this has increased a lot.
I leave the gummy fillets in the fridge over night in a big tupperware container to drain before cutting it up into portions
that seams to do the job

of cause I have blead and gutted them early while still on the water
Dano wrote:try to fillet and skin at the ramp so u have access to salt water. fresh water ruins the meat
I agree with washing off in salt water ( all salt water fish should be washed/rinsed in salt water ) but if I have to do that at home I just salt the water with some cooking salt
quite offen the water isn't that clean where I return ( all mud ) so I just skin and fillet the gummies on a towel and rinse them off at home
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Fish Recipes and Preparation”