Shoreham / Point Leo beach fishing

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
Andrej1444

Shoreham / Point Leo beach fishing

Post by Andrej1444 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Fellow anglers,

Thinking of heading down to Shoreham with a few mates to get away and do some fishing!

Any tips on Shoreham beach? I've read that its pretty snaggy and can have weed hanging around..

Would it be worth driving up to Point Leo and fishing the beach there or would Shoreham beach still be decent go to connect with some gummy sharks?

Would you be able to get onto some salmon flicking metals?

What other species have you guys caught out there..

(p.s. Any LB mulloway tips/ spots in that area would be greatly appreciated ;-) )

Cheers :cheers: :water:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Shoreham / Point Leo beach fishing

Post by 4liters » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:34 am

I've got a pinkie and an octopus off the beach at Shoreham. A bloke I fished next to said it fishes better for him than Somers for gummies, there's also whiting there.. Use google earth to find the part of the beach with a sandy bottom, never had too much trouble with the weed there. I've only ever fished with bait off those beaches. I did get a salmon on bait landbased at Point Leo once but lure fishing from the yak in that area I've only caught pike

I suspect Point Leo might be better fishing that Shoreham, but with the wind this weekend I'd say Shoreham might be the easier place to fish

I've never heard of mulloway caught in that part of WPB. Doesn't mean it can't happen because people tend to keep quiet about that sort of thing but they mostly seem to come from around Corinella.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Andrej1444

Re: Shoreham / Point Leo beach fishing

Post by Andrej1444 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:36 pm

Thanks mate. Legend

Return to “Surf Fishing”