First session with the New rod .

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
JS270
Has liked: 1 time

First session with the New rod .

Post by JS270 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:19 am

The plan after talking with the good lady was straight forward , I would head out late in the evening and fish the low tide change into the morning with the hope of picking up a reasonable snapper. Bait for the session was squid and Pilchards and rigs were pulleys with the Gemini bait clip. The SRE was matched up to my Daiwa 25QD loaded with the light Ultima braid and sporting a 50 pound braid shock leader. I was casting 125 gram sinkers and was very happy with this and simple overhead thump style casts :D

Wind initially was coming in from the south and it was very pleasing having bites registering within 5 minutes of the baits going out. I must say that the long slim rod and light braid made even the small Pinkies fun to catch , though with the extremely low tide I had to scramble down the rocks and onto the exposed san to unhook and release them.

I did get a nice Fiddler ray on the rod and once agin the fight was much more enjoyable that if I had taken it with my heavier outfits and mono.

I was very impressed with the bite registration from the long rod with its fine tip and feel that it is a match made in heaven for the lighter end of my fishing and look forward when I start to chase the Whitting further down the bay during the day :D

I also had the T800 with me and also took a Fiddler on that as well .

Sadly the wind turned easterly for the major p[art of the tide and the bit shut down though as I said it was a very pleasant night and good fun taking the SRE out for her first fishing session :mrgreen:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: First session with the New rod .

Post by Lightningx » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:46 am

Nice report mate :P

Return to “Surf Fishing”