nitro messiah

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: nitro messiah

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:07 pm

I should add that there are a few elements that need to be right first before distance can be achieved.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:12 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:I should add that there are a few elements that need to be right first before distance can be achieved.
rod reel braid nah kidding i will just practice i do feel unco with the 13ft rod i know you dont allways have to cast a mile as to speak but allways good to have that extra distance if needed

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:23 am

The little things I mention are like the size of the reel spool, line diameter, having the correct amount of line on the spool, some mono lines are stiff and have a memory, they are best avoided.

Doing the drag up before casting.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:25 am

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:15 pm

thanks wolly for the link and your right the person is the most important element some have just got it the gear does help to a degree i bought one of my fly rods of bushy (squidgys) from alpine angler you could give a broom for a rod a he would empty a spool of line with a couple of waves insane to watch picked up a bit from him i like to learn i did a lesson with the australian fly casting champ in the mid 80,s he was pretty damm good so i will practice and look listen learn im not keen on the tennis ball i live close to brighton beach so i guess the early morning swimmer,s might have to duck dive incomming sinkers

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Post by JS270 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:45 pm

If any of you guys are wanting a information and casting day I am happy to come and provide some help for those interested.

Alternatively I will be doing a presentation night at the Footscray and District Angling club in a few weeks as a precursor to there surf comp in the first few weeks of April. The actual date is still to be determined.

Alternatively I do a fair bit of practice now down at Cherry Lake in Altona as it is close to my office.

Casting at Cherry Lake

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:36 am

JS270 wrote:If any of you guys are wanting a information and casting day I am happy to come and provide some help for those interested.

Alternatively I will be doing a presentation night at the Footscray and District Angling club in a few weeks as a precursor to there surf comp in the first few weeks of April. The actual date is still to be determined.

Alternatively I do a fair bit of practice now down at Cherry Lake in Altona as it is close to my office.

Casting at Cherry Lake
nice casting video do you practice on the weekends at Cherry Lake if so i would love to cruise down one weekend for some tips to improve my casting thank,s Dazz

JS270

Post by JS270 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Dazz ,

I am either fishing or practicing most weekends other than this coming weekend as I have a wedding to go too on the Saturday and Sunday I am going out with the wife. Happy for you to come down and get some advise . Always good teaching people to improve their fishing :-)

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:05 am

firstly a big thanks to JS270 (Jeremy) Jeremy seen my post an invited me to catch up for some help wow over the course of a few hours my casting improved out of sight i mean really improved the distance i was getting to before was amazing i cant wait to get out tommorow and practise what i have learnt

JS270

Post by JS270 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:12 am

Dazz ,

It was great catching up and having a fling down at the beach with you and hope that you had fun learning to get the distances without having to do anything more than improve your technique with the light rod. As we discussed they are only little things that can improve your enjoyment :-)
next time the boys and I are heading out I will give you a yell :-)

Return to “Surf Fishing”