Heading out Surf Fishing for the first time....

Post your Victorian beach and surf fishing adventures here
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Heading out Surf Fishing for the first time....

Post by rb85 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Kimtown wrote:Wear a life jacket
The wear a lifejacket needs to be put into context. When the person it was suggested to had obviously no idea about the beach or area or ocean conditions for that matter :thumbsup.

Funny thing is a lot of people are now asking me about different fishing spots the conditions they are safe to access etc always happy to help. :thumbsup:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 pm

rb85 wrote:
The wear a lifejacket needs to be put into context. When the person it was suggested to had obviously no idea about the beach or area or ocean conditions for that matter :thumbsup.

Funny thing is a lot of people are now asking me about different fishing spots the conditions they are safe to access etc always happy to help. :thumbsup:
you did not get it? When people say wear life jacket (even when cleaning fish) they are taking a **** at you. :rofl:

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
rb85 wrote:

you did not get it? When people say wear life jacket (even when cleaning fish) they are taking a p1ss at you. :rofl:
Think I noticed that otherwise I wouldn't have responded to the main protagonist so it might be best not to try and lecture people considering you seem quite content to throw little cheap shots it's amazing the moderators allow this crap to happen. Little wonder people send messages asking about fishing spots or for advice about targeted species instead of posting on the site for all to read.

Personally I prefer not to say things online that I wouldn't say to someones face dare say a few on here couldn't say the same. Continuous pot shots is cowardly behaviour fish-cador. Best go to your generic pop corn post.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:11 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
rb85 wrote:

you did not get it? When people say wear life jacket (even when cleaning fish) they are taking a p1ss at you. :rofl:
Think I noticed that otherwise I wouldn't have responded to the main protagonist so it might be best not to try and lecture people considering you seem quite content to throw little cheap shots it's amazing the moderators allow this crap to happen. Little wonder people send messages asking about fishing spots or for advice about targeted species instead of posting on the site for all to read.

Personally I prefer not to say things online that I wouldn't say to someones face dare say a few on here couldn't say the same. Continuous pot shots is cowardly behaviour fish-cador. Best go to your generic pop corn post.
I think the mods have given quite a bit of leaway and flexibility for most post unless someone gets quiet affended and till things get agressive

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:50 pm

rb85 wrote:

rb85 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
rb85 wrote:

I'd choose to take these posts seriously if the author didn't recommend Punchbowl of all places to a bloke wanting to take his 2 young children to a safe place fishing. But I'm the one with zero conscious for safety, right? I mean, if that weren't already hypocritical enough he goes on to name one of DougieK's (I think it was Dougie) land based locations around Cleeland Bight after Dougie inexplicitly mentioned he won't name his spot... but that in no way, shape OR form is why people choose to talk privately through personal messages now....

Please, continue to contradict yourself.. it's quite LULworthy

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:21 pm

1. For the hardcore naysayers re punch bowl it’s safe on the right day even saw grandparents in there 70s taking their young grandkids down a few weeks back perfect day no swell offshore breeze. If you know the conditions it’s safe.
2. Didn’t realise anyone owned the rights to a fishing location perhaps the pictures being plastered are spots others know about. Regardless it’s cowardly to continuously attack someone behind a keyboard so if you got an issue to take up there may be another way to resolve it.

I’ve moved on can’t see why others can’t let go.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:34 pm

:rofl:

Return to “Surf Fishing”