fishing venues / get togethers

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: fishing venues / get togethers

Post by mazman » Thu May 22, 2014 2:52 pm

i would happily do one where we meet up and fish different areas in pairs or three's and then meet up for lunch tell stories and fish with others if you want. this would probably be the best way to fish a river while still meeting others and the thornton area is pretty good for this as there is a multitude of options river and lake close by.

bowl I'm assuming you mean the kind of snags that you don't lose lures to :tongue:
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Thu May 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Rod Bender wrote: I have discussed my 'trout hunt' with Dougiek. He believes it would be a better idea to have it somewhere where we can all fish together. Only problem with this from my point of view is that I don't know anywhere that would be suitable!
I reckon lakes such as Bullen Merri or Wendouree would be okay for that kind of fishing, both have good land based access and are really nice places, with facilities etc.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu May 22, 2014 11:32 pm

TrevKing wrote:
Rod Bender wrote: I have discussed my 'trout hunt' with Dougiek. He believes it would be a better idea to have it somewhere where we can all fish together. Only problem with this from my point of view is that I don't know anywhere that would be suitable!
I reckon lakes such as Bullen Merri or Wendouree would be okay for that kind of fishing, both have good land based access and are really nice places, with facilities etc.
Start a thread if you want and see if there is any interest. Either one would be too far away for me to attend for a day (I don't do the camping thing) but you may get some interest from members out that side of Melbourne.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

fishguts

Post by fishguts » Thu May 22, 2014 11:36 pm

i would def be into a trout hunt,would look forward to gaining any exp i could
May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri May 23, 2014 12:12 am

Lauriston Res, or the Upper Coliban, could be a freshwater venue, not sure how they have been fishing though

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Bowl asked the question on a thread the other day if another get together was going to be organised before the end of the year. GTSHoon also had a thread running a month or more ago. If you want anything to happen I suggest you two sort something out soon...if you have the time. May be an idea to avoid the first weekend in December as the cod season opens on the Monday prior.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Announcements”