April Saltwater Meet

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
sebastian

Re: April Saltwater Meet

Post by sebastian » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:50 am

hope to be there, will be wearing my concrete boots, in case we get blown like last year. Looking to meet the members and also getting a few tips from the master himself PurpleSive ,for catching Flathead on SP. Hope to see you there PurpleSive :help:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:17 am

Gee, no pressure mate ahahaha..

Guys im still not confirmed 100% but most likely should be able to make it, if I am coming ill be there at around 4-4.30pm.

for those that are interested in the soft plastic Tips..
come prepared.
bring along your own rod and reel, preferably spooled with 6-10lb braid and leader material of similar breaking strain too. (thinner the better for casting) I usually use 6-8lb braid and 4-6lb leader. and some soft plastics, I usually use gulps, since they always work, but any 3 inch minnow or curltail grub should be enough for this exercise, (if your going to buy some on the way then get the gulp 3 inch nuclear chicken minnow) jig head wise bring along some 1/8 in size 1, 2 or 1/0 hook.

I will try and cover leader to braid knots (double uni, and Albright knot), casting techniques :( , how to rig plastics, selecting jigheads and soft plastic retrieves. more if I can remember.
target will be flathead, salmon and pinkies.

I have some jigheads and leader material I will bring with me if you don't have any at the last minute.
but please try to bring your own in case I don't turn up, then you can still fish.

from the looks of the wind direction, we will be fishing into the marina from the rockwalls, so I will ask those interested in doing this exercise to turn up at the very end of the rock wall. ( I will be wearing a black daiwa hat, and have a brown daiwa shoulder bag with me, along with my Daiwa rod and reel) im sure that's enough to find me lol

I hope I can make it, just for the sake of you guys. otherwise I wouldn't bother coming down as I am quite busy already... im hoping to stay for at least a few hours.

cheers

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:17 am

purple5ive wrote:........( I will be wearing a black daiwa hat, and have a brown daiwa shoulder bag with me, along with my Daiwa rod and reel) im sure that's enough to find me lol

If the Gulp plastics I purchased upon your recommendation do not work (couldn't possibly be my fault :) ) you will be wearing concrete shoes as well as chains! :-x Seriously, I'm sure members will appreciate and benefit from your presence.

The hi-po VR will depart Shepparton Saturday morning...stopping no stations except Nagambie, Wallan BP (hi-octane refuel) and Rosanna (sister's place). From Rosanna we will depart after 1pm...depending on what the radar tells us! Going to try and avoid rain early in the arvo.
davek wrote:I've put my life in Rod Benders hands and will be going in his 98 octane commodore :roll: :doh1: cheers davo
A few tips Dave! Don't be too concerned...I always obey the speed limit...problem is the G-force generated, for instance, going from 0 to 50k's in 0.0000008 seconds when we leave your place! Also, don't be alarmed if a 7 metre flame is visible at the rear of the car when cruising the Hume...just coming out of the exhaust! Last but not least, not sure what the things on the aircraft carriers are called...the wire which hooks the planes upon landing...can someone please install a wire in close proximity to the breakwall...the VR's parachute pack has been playing up of late.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Okay guys wont be down untill about 4:30 as I have been called into work :/ will be a top day and should get onto something! Looking forward to seeing you all there
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

fshtim

Post by fshtim » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:19 pm

I can't wait to get there I'm sitting here rigging up some paternoster leaders and organising my gear again.
Quick question can you fish from top of the breakwall as am not too good on rocks keep losing my balance, if not I will fish just past the second shelter on the pier
P.B. flathead 43 cm, whiting 30 cm, snapper 40 cm,

Fishing Victoria Species Comp 16/17 Total: 40 cm
salt: 40 cm
fresh:

dane9092

Post by dane9092 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:28 pm

i was just reading about squid being caught of brighton pier.. has anyone tired recently would it be worth giving a go tonight.. dont really have much knowledge with squid

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:45 pm

dane9092 wrote:i was just reading about squid being caught of brighton pier.. has anyone tired recently would it be worth giving a go tonight.. dont really have much knowledge with squid
Yes :a_goodjob: although it may be wet :rain:
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 pm

Rod Bender wrote: Last but not least, not sure what the things on the aircraft carriers are called...the wire which hooks the planes upon landing...can someone please install a wire in close proximity to the breakwall...the VR's parachute pack has been playing up of late.
Looking forward to seeing you all.
cheers
Jim
It's called an arrestor wire Jim....... speaking of which i've alerted my mate in wang to make sure his colleagues down south keep an eye out tomorrow, just in case those cat's :bat: stow away on board your car or hi-jack someone else's.

Good luck to all going along.Looking forward to the pic's & report's :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:52 pm

ok, im confirmed for tomorrow, see you guys at around 4.30ish at the end of the breakwall..
jim im pretty confident I can get you a salwater fish.

cheers

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:57 pm

How did it go.Did you all have a great time,and did you all learn heaps from gts,as he was the master for the day.

Return to “Announcements”