Stolen 2016 ford wild track ranger and Extreme 570 gameking boat

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
matt1991

Re: Stolen 2016 ford wild track ranger and Extreme 570 gameking boat

Post by matt1991 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:03 pm

barra mick wrote:
matt1991 wrote:The bad thing is there is really no way to track a stolen boat in VIC unlike other states.
Why is that ?
I remember when i was looking at purchasing a boat i wanted to double check if it was not stolen due to being reconditioned, and i contact a government body (I cant remember the name which really annoys me) and they said in VIC although a boat may be registered to a specific person if for some reason that person was to remove the identification plates (HIN Number) from the vessel they could then go an get it the vessel re-registered. Unlike NSW where it is compulsory to have a HIN number on a boat to have it registered.

His exacts words were if a boat is stolen 9/10 times they do not find them because of this reason. In addition to this he stated that NSW has a large boating community and therefore there rules are much stricter compared to VIC.

I think its pretty bloody stupid.......

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:55 pm

matt1991 wrote: .... His exacts words were if a boat is stolen 9/10 times they do not find them because of this reason. In addition to this he stated that NSW has a large boating community and therefore there rules are much stricter compared to VIC ....
Hence your boat premium is higher than it should be if there was a better system implemented by government agency to register and track the boats.

Even if it is a slim chance, don't be despair and give up yet Feathor!! ... Keep at it coz you will never know what's around he corrner.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:08 pm

The funny thing is, we are the most overly regulated state for the most part, but then there are cases like this........

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:19 pm

So no sign off the boat?

Its not a commen boat
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:09 pm

No sign of either car or boat. We went down to St Leonard's last night to have a look around. It was a long shot but we wanted to do something. Haven't given up yet, would love to find them just to stick it up the pricks!
Police have been good, they have kept in touch which has been helpful. We have a couple of friends in the police force aswell and they are doing what they can.
I can't go down the street or pick the kids up from school without someone asking if there has been any news. It's great , the more people that know the better. My wife has put it all over Facebook and response has been overwhelming. The more people that know the better.
Just realised a new ski rope was in one of the cupboards for the kids tubing . Another item I forgot about, more $$$$.
Word is there has been a few tinnies stolen and then scraped at the recyclers for aluminium. Other theories are on a ship now heading overseas.
Anyway we haven't given up. Insurance will try and pay out in 14 days then if it's found I get the option of buying back. Fingers crossed.
Will keep you all updated .

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:11 pm

I think boats are like trailers when it comes to rego. Cut of the compliance plate and then call the rego office, tell them you made the boat/trailer yourself and ask for a compliance plate number, it's all done in a matter of minutes with no inspection. Cars are slightly more difficult but then, who makes their own car? There are some very good products out there to help find/identify your boat when stolen but it takes prior implementation and are not of help in this instance. I have a GPS tracker for my boat, if it leaves a 50 meter radius of its defined parking location it calls my phone and then provides GPS tracking. They are not expensive. There are also proprietary invisible markers you can paint onto your boat which will identify it if you are lucky enough to find it. They are options worth investigating for others with a boat but sadly will not help in this situation. I really hope your boat turns up feathor, all the best mate.

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:13 pm

Here are the rego details-
Trailer V27377
Boat QQ961
Car AFB 570
Cheers

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Really sorry to hear Feathor, absolutely atrocious and totally gutting....best of luck in things coming back around

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:56 am

Really hope you find it mate and i hope they people that stole it pay big time for the heartache.

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Just a quick up date on stolen car and boat.
No results yet but some reported sightings . Have not been confirmed though. It's been a draining week.
I would love to be out fishing.

Return to “Announcements”