Stolen 2016 ford wild track ranger and Extreme 570 gameking boat

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
Freshfishin

Re: Stolen 2016 ford wild track ranger and Extreme 570 gameking boat

Post by Freshfishin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Do you have any detail on the Ranger? Colour, rego etc?
Sorry to hear about your lost mate hope you get it back real soon

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:40 am

image.jpg
Image of stolen ford ranger wildtrack

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:02 pm

How long does insurance wait before they pay out on stolen boats?

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:06 pm

I heard not long ago on the radio if you don't want you car stolen buy a manual,as you will find that these low life people don't know how to drive a manual. Also insurance should be cheaper.Hope you find the boat mate.

mingle

Post by mingle » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:58 pm

How the heck did they manage to steal a car like that? (the immobilisers on them are pretty secure)

Were the keys left inside?

Mike.

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:33 pm

We had the garage door open with the keys on the bin. We were gone all of 5 mins inside . We jumped in a neighbours car and took off after them following the water trail left after washing the boat down but couldn't find it again after the first 2 turns. We both have insurance but it won't cover rods, tackle, saftey gear, jackets etc.
I still can't believe someone has stolen a car with a boat attached in broad daylight. Where do you hide it. It's a high boat, guessing it must be in a big shed somewhere close.
The police have been really good, followed up on a lot of details . Worst thing is I can't replace it as there are no other boats the same for sale second hand in Aust. Plus it had a lot of extras. There are some low life's out there.

mingle

Post by mingle » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:48 pm

Unreal... It'd be pretty hard to sell a boat (or the Ranger) like that without being noticed.

Hopefully you get it back soon.

Cheers,

Mike.
Feathor wrote:We had the garage door open with the keys on the bin. We were gone all of 5 mins inside . We jumped in a neighbours car and took off after them following the water trail left after washing the boat down but couldn't find it again after the first 2 turns. We both have insurance but it won't cover rods, tackle, saftey gear, jackets etc.
I still can't believe someone has stolen a car with a boat attached in broad daylight. Where do you hide it. It's a high boat, guessing it must be in a big shed somewhere close.
The police have been really good, followed up on a lot of details . Worst thing is I can't replace it as there are no other boats the same for sale second hand in Aust. Plus it had a lot of extras. There are some low life's out there.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:54 pm

It's getting more and more prevalent. Happen to remember certain non resident cars hanging around your place quite regularly?

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Cobby is right .. seem like these incidents are happening on a regular basis. Years ago the front door are often left opened when heading down to the local store and we will be back with everything as left - no longer the case.

Feathor - from your descriptions of the incident i think you should not discount those whom you have known and have befriended with. Look like it's not an opportunistic burglar but whom have been watching you and your behaviour over a period of time .. there was a small window of opportunity today and they have grabbed it. My commiseration to you and your mate. Hope both items turned up somewhere with as little dammage as possible. Btw, that combination of the Wild Trak and Extreme 570 is a beauty and it has played with my mind regularly!!! Good Luck !!!

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Feathor

Post by Feathor » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:24 pm

We have thought of many possibilities . We left the boat ramp then only 2 min drive back to the house. It's a quite street, first time I had been to mates holiday home.
It's left a strange feeling in my gut, might be a while before I get another boat.

Return to “Announcements”