Getting the green paint out - Snapperhead

News and info about the Fishing Victoria site.
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Getting the green paint out - Snapperhead

Post by Mattblack » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:49 am

DougieK wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 am
fishingvic wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:26 pm
Dougie, if you don't think there are some Looney-toons capable of this behavior out there, then you are very, very wrong.
I have had one very serious threat from a past member who got himself banned by one of the other Mods.
So much so that he threatened to meet me down at Port Welshpool... plenty of F's and C words thrown in... ( I am sure you get the picture)

Do you think that's fair on me?

What would I say to my 4 year old daughter while walking down the pier having a random stranger attack me????

I can guarantee you I did absolutely nothing to deserve that treatment!
No. Of course you didn't deserve that. Nobody deserves that. I am very very aware of the kind of people you encounter on the internet once in a while. Someone actually threatened to prison rape the 17 year old that I take fishing quite often and it took the mods another fortnight to actually ban him. I've had half a dozen people try to fight me on here. Once I even offered to provide a cage and a referee in case he actually followed through.

Nothing ever EVER comes of it.

You do an excellent job on this forum to the point where it's pretty much the only place I ever post. It is the only fishing forum I actually post on and have been contributing here for nearly 7 years now.

The nature of anonymity and the internet and forums such as this one along with the nature of power is exactly my problem. If the new mod has in fact been on here since 2011 and it's not an inactive account you gave him, then he's been taking for 8 years and not contributed. If it's an alternate account for a long term member then all it takes is a post actually introducing himself. I don't like anonymity because it removes any kind of accountability. If you think the mods are accountable to the admin and not to the people they are moderating that's fine, but what the posters here do is effectively provide content for free. If the new mod is so well respected and a keen fisho then why do they need to be anonymous and why have they not contributed anything.

These are my questions. You don't have to answer them. It's your forum.
Bloody hell..."prison rape"...sounds disturbingly specific. I tried to google the meaning and the IT guys at work came over and told me off again

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:51 am

Also what's everyone problem with Purple?

You newer guys know we're joking and have been mates for years right?
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 am

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 am
I'm just gonna try to go fishing with Jason.
Any luck yet?

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:02 am

Jeez what a storm in a teacup.

Still reckon old mate snapperhead should give a little intro. Not expecting the full name, address and blood/stool/semen samples.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:04 am

DougieK wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:51 am

Pretty much everyones problem with him is he gets involved with things he can't handle and sooks.

Just like me giving him a bit of crap about "bullying" him a couple pages ago which he didn't reply to but then felt the need to reply to me saying "damn dougie" when you hurt poor little bugs' feelings.. Which didn't have the slightest thing to do with him. He's a little twerp

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am

DougieK wrote:

Thanks man!!
clearly a case of jumping the gun cause it was me who posted it. i dont blame him though we have been poking and prodding each other for a while now, i tried to be nice and it didnt go down well

it was meant as a joke anth, in case you missed the whole point of the post, i even dumbed it down with a smiley and you even failed to notice that :(
i actually considered writing below ( ps - this is a joke) but i figured you out of all people would understand it, ill remember to include that next time just for you ok!!!

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:35 am

ducky wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:02 am

Still reckon old mate snapperhead should give a little intro. Not expecting blood/stool/semen samples.
Speak for yourself
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:40 am

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am

Thanks man!!
clearly a case of jumping the gun cause it was me who posted it. i dont blame him though we have been poking and prodding each other for a while now, i tried to be nice and it didnt go down well

it was meant as a joke anth, in case you missed the whole point of the post, i even dumbed it down with a smiley and you even failed to notice that :(
i actually considered writing below ( ps - this is a joke) but i figured you out of all people would understand it, ill remember to include that next time just for you ok!!!
Easy mate, don't cry into your pumpkin spiced latte.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:40 am

4liters wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:35 am
ducky wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:02 am

Still reckon old mate snapperhead should give a little intro. Not expecting blood/stool/semen samples.
Speak for yourself
I just wanna know what FC did with mine. He ran a tight ship

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:49 am

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am
DougieK wrote:

Thanks man!!

Obviously it was a joke, but it was for Dougie to make because my comment was towards him.. not you. It's just you getting involved again where you shouldn't have that's annoying.

Why didn't you reply to me saying "Don't leave because then who would i bully?" a few pages ago If you just wanted to joke? See what i mean? or do i need to dumb it down for you?

Return to “Announcements”