Update and thanks

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
brynyboy1

Update and thanks

Post by brynyboy1 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi all my name is Bryn and have recently discovered fishing as a hobie which quickly turned to an obsession.
I have made a few posts here and have found everyone pretty helpful.
I started fishing in the winter months and it took quite a few trips and cold night and rain storms before I finally caught my first "real" fish a nice salmon(36cm) at Kilcunda beach with metal lure wich I never would have thought of using but I read about using them on other posts. Since then I have experienced the excitement of a big school of salmon running at squeaky beach near the prom its was nuts between baiting up and un hooking my Mrs's line I bearly had time to fish my self but I did get my first double hook up so much fun.
Since then I have been on a charter caught a red mullet very tasty and also found a great little spot five minutes from the in laws house on Phillip island where we have already landed wrasse salmon and tommy rough from the beach.
Now with the weather coming good I am desperately wanting to see red I really wanna catch that snapper.
I am a land based fisherman and am prepared to drive anywhere but am only forty mins from the bay (black rock area )
I would really appreciate any tips on spots baits rigs time etc I also like to avoid the masses where possible.
Happy fishing all thanks for all the info everyone even just from reading old posts
Bryn

vinalf

Re: Update and thanks

Post by vinalf » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:20 pm

:good:

:welcome2:

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Post by spudtrans » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:10 pm

welcome, i know the feeling, fixing the wifes line and getting little time for yourself
cheers

SparkyUK

Post by SparkyUK » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Hiya and welcome

Return to “Introductions”