Visiting from the UK in March 2015 - HELP!

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
roachuk

Visiting from the UK in March 2015 - HELP!

Post by roachuk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:45 am

Hi, I am visiting long lost relatives for 3-4 weeks in March and want to enjoy several fishing sessions whilst in your beautiful country. Been a freshwater fisherman in UK for 50 odd years. What would you recommend, staying in Frankston. Cheers!

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Visiting from the UK in March 2015 - HELP!

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:06 am

roachuk wrote:Hi, I am visiting long lost relatives for 3-4 weeks in March and want to enjoy several fishing sessions whilst in your beautiful country. Been a freshwater fisherman in UK for 50 odd years. What would you recommend, staying in Frankston. Cheers!
first Welcome to Fishing-Vic
depends on what you wont to fish for but Frankston being on Port Phillip Bay puts you right on the water ( however it is salt water )
you may need a fishing licence and check out this link - it has the rules and regs

http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/fishing-and- ... hing-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as for finding places to fish I cant help you a lot with Fresh water as I dont fish in it that much
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:08 am

Hey mate! I'm more of a saltwater fisho myself, and I would suggest getting yourself on board a decent charter, I would recommend Think Big.

You also aren't far from Mornington which has some pretty good fishing, and you can hire a boat from there. Otherwise the piers from Mornington down to Portsea are all productive. Even Frankston pier has its moments.

I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction in terms of freshwater.

SparkyUK

Post by SparkyUK » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:32 am

Deffo hit a charter, also spinning round the beaches. Forget about using stick floats and avons. Fishing here is a world of difference, but oooohhh so much better. The one thing you will need above anything is a fishing licence, and they are cheap as chips here.

Send a link to your family of any of the big uk shops and see if they would like you to bring anything over. As your from the UK you will need sunscreen (50+) a hat and glasses, think of this in the UK 28 degrees is bloody hot, 3 days running and its a heatwave. Today is forcast 31 degrees and its spring, so be prepared and drink water like its going out of fashion when you are here.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:47 pm

Mate if you can get yourself up to shepparton I would be more than happy to take you out in the boat chasing a Murray cod.(I got enough gear for you to use) March is a good time of year for them.

johnat24

Post by johnat24 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Hey Roachuk..expat myself. .here 3 1/2 years. ..I go up to Lake Eildon for a bit of trout fishing on the pondage or chasing carp in Eildon itself..only thing is you have to kill them as they are a noxious pest here.
I live in Bayside (Sandringham) so about half an hour from frankston...would be happy to spend a day or two out with you but as you can gather, most of the fishing here is saltwater but it's very very good!

Giovanni

Post by Giovanni » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:31 am

What's the fishing like in the UK? Anyhow, try salt water fishing here it's fun. A couple of people have offered to take you so go for it! :-)

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:25 am

Do you have access to a car while yr here ?

Cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Welcome to the site.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:05 pm

If he can get a car the options are alot wider
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Introductions”