Hi All!!!!

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Hi All!!!!

Post by smile0784 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Welcoming

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:19 pm

April Fool wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:33 pm
Hi all
I live in northern Victoria...a bit further north than 'Dangerous Dave'! I have been on this forum before under a different alias...or two or more! Why the choice of user name? My birthday falls on April Fool's Day and besides, I am running out of names!

Over the last few years my fishing has been hampered due to a lack of agility and mental health problems (when you lose interest in your hobbies you know you are struggling). Purchasing a large amount of fishing gear to get me motivated hasn't worked! I have always preferred to fish with lures but now find myself limited to using bait or the occasional short lure session at easily accessible, very heavily fished locations.

cheers
Team Fool (aka Jim)
Not sure how long I will last this time!!!

Welcome Jim :a_goodjob:

Jim, you said you have had a few aliases , , , , rodbender, miffy sparkles , , , , or two or more

Now going on the , , , , you never see Superman and Clark Kent, or Spiderman and Peter Parker etc, in the same place , , , , at the same time , , , , it got me thinking and paranoid :o_0:

Am I you ????

Cheers, Jimgatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:42 pm
Good to hear from ya! It can be a dark road Jim, but great that you found a street light mate. (If you get my drift). Fishing is the best mental therapy around I reckon, whether you catch a fish or not. Make the effort and get back into it pal, especially now the weather is improving. A good dose of vitamin d (sun) is one of the best medications going around ;)

I actually bumped this thread up, for a great comment from Redhunter that I read.

"It can be a dark road Jim, but great that you found a street light mate"

That is so poignant Red and a great way to describe the "dark roads" (of any kind) that are in our paths through life. Hope Jim, that your Street Light is showing you the path. I too have had the need in my life to have a "Street Light" help me along and give me a bit of ease & comfort to find a path.

I wish for anyone who is in search of a path through their dark times, that they can find their "Street Light".

Cheers, Bill

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:32 pm

How come the name changes?

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:52 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:32 pm
Well, my name is Bill and I have an innate ability to bug people and my Son loves Bugatti Cars so much so, that I made my Jetty Kart a Bugatti , , , , and by changing my name , , , , I can stay one step ahead of the law :-D

Cheers, Ducati , , , , to be my next alias

Ducati.PNG

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:58 pm

Jim has been a great contributor since he posted this.

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:09 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:32 pm
If you were asking me this....I started off as Rod Bender then added the cats alias later on. When I decided I had had enough I 'deactivated' my accounts so I couldn't log on. So when I returned, I had to start a new account. Then I had another meltdown, killed my third instalment and then for some unknown reason I came back iny current form.
Cheers
Team Legion
For we are many!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:39 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:58 pm

I have been surfing this Forum/website (and others but I clear my Search History vigilantly on the others ;-) ) and I have found great pleasure in gems that are buried years back.

rb , , , , your "Jim has been a great contributor since he posted this."

I think, Jim has been "the" great contributor since he posted this , , , , in the original "Hi ALL!"

Rod Bender.PNG
Rod Bender wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:41 pm
I live in Shepparton. The majority of my fishing is done locally around the Goulburn and Broken Rivers. I also fish the irrigation channels and Waranga Basin near Rushworth. All of my fishing is shore based and I use lures and bait. Species of fish that I have caught are redfin, carp (of course) ,trout and to a lesser extent natives - so not much diversity.
As for my user name, the main cause of my rod bending is usually from being snagged! I look forward to contributing to this site as well as learning.
cheers
Jim

I can only be annoying in Jim's shadow :-D

Cheers, Bill

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:01 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:39 pm
rb85 wrote:

I have been surfing this Forum/website (and others but I clear my Search History vigilantly on the others ;-) ) and I have found great pleasure in gems that are buried years back.

I think, Jim has been "the" great contributor since he posted this , , , , in the original "Hi ALL!"

Rod Bender.PNG

Rod Bender wrote:
I live in Shepparton. The majority of my fishing is done locally around the Goulburn and Broken Rivers. I also fish the irrigation channels and Waranga Basin near Rushworth. All of my fishing is shore based and I use lures and bait. Species of fish that I have caught are redfin, carp (of course) ,trout and to a lesser extent natives - so not much diversity.
As for my user name, the main cause of my rod bending is usually from being snagged! I look forward to contributing to this site as well as learning.
cheers
Jim

Cheers, Bill
Hi Bill my comment wasn’t made to suggest Jim’s previous stints here weren’t valuable contributions. It’s just that I simply cannot remember his other aliases but April Fool has definitely been a prominent poster fishing the fresh.

Hope that puts some context to my previous comment mate.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:48 am

rb85 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:01 am
Bugatti wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:39 pm
rb85 wrote:

Rod Bender.PNG

Rod Bender wrote:
cheers
Jim

Cheers, Bill
Hi Bill my comment wasn’t made to suggest Jim’s previous stints here weren’t valuable contributions. It’s just that I simply cannot remember his other aliases but April Fool has definitely been a prominent poster fishing the fresh.

Hope that puts some context to my previous comment mate.
No need to explain rb, you're good. And you are right, since Jim's metamorphosis as April ( :o_0: ) he has been a great contributor.
Constructive
Informative
Helpful
Poignant
Relavant
Humorous
Supportive
Light hearted
Stands up for what's right
And a quality that shouldn't need recognition but evades many , , , , Not abusive

So rb, please don't think I was being facetious, I was just shedding light on Jim's previous achievements for those that may not know, AND those achievements, I think deserve an accolade, hence my "addition" to your post

Cheers, all sweet, Bugatti (taste tests are more than welcome :-D )

Return to “Introductions”