Hello!

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
maccachung

Hello!

Post by maccachung » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi all, 30-something mediocre fisho and child wrangler, keen to explore more than my usual Melbourne haunts and picking up some tips to upsize my catch rate. Try to get out when I can between work and family commitments. Thinking about giving freshwater a go. Thinking about buying a kayak soon too as it is sometimes a struggle being land based. Also keen for social fishing. Cheers!

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Re: Hello!

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:12 pm

maccachung wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:00 pm
Hi all, 30-something mediocre fisho and child wrangler, keen to explore more than my usual Melbourne haunts and picking up some tips to upsize my catch rate. Try to get out when I can between work and family commitments. Thinking about giving freshwater a go. Thinking about buying a kayak soon too as it is sometimes a struggle being land based. Also keen for social fishing. Cheers!
Take your family with you to fish, that will fun.

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi Macca,
As you are looking to learn some tips I suggest you visit one or two of your local fishing clubs and decide on the one you like and join it. You will hit it off with more than a few people at the club (of course a few you won’t, but no big deal).
From them you will pick up heaps of tips and they are likely to have group social fishing as well and maybe a club freshwater trip as well.
PM me if you want more info on Melbourne fishing clubs. Anyone else as well.
Good luck.
Cheers.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Welcome Macca

Wish you the best in expanding your fishing prowess. I'm in SA, and not really a freshwater fisho (meaning zip). But can help with fishing advice , , , , a fish is a fish after-all , , , , saltwater that is.

Dr Snapper wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 pm
Hi Macca,
As you are looking to learn some tips I suggest you visit one or two of your local fishing clubs and decide on the one you like and join it. You will hit it off with more than a few people at the club (of course a few you won’t, but no big deal).
From them you will pick up heaps of tips and they are likely to have group social fishing as well and maybe a club freshwater trip as well.
PM me if you want more info on Melbourne fishing clubs. Anyone else as well.
Good luck.
Cheers.

Great Show, Doc , , , , love it when the Forum spirit is alive and well

Cheers Gentleman
Bugatti

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:22 pm

G’day Macca how are you mate get into the fish and jacks Bugatti

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:24 pm

:welcome2: aboard Macca :P

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:43 am

maccachung wrote:
Where do you live and where do you intend to go?
Kayak is great and fun with the family, but it has its own troubles too.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:22 am

if you ever want to go landbased in Mornington Frankston or patto river i can go with you and help show you a little

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:11 am

maccachung wrote:
Welcome to the forum Macca.

Being land based can have it's advantages too, if you fish light and nimble - I keep my spin rod and lures in the back of my car all the time, rigged and ready. I can make a snap decision to fish at any time and have fish in the pan within an hour, it's hard to do that with a boat ;-)

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:21 am

:welcome:

Return to “Introductions”