A Love Renewed is a Beautiful Thing

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
BiDDo

A Love Renewed is a Beautiful Thing

Post by BiDDo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:02 am

Hello All,

7 year ago I moved to Melbourne with my wife and kids, unfortunately I left my fishing buddies (mostly my old man) and access to boats and gear up in Brisbane (where I am from). I would fish regularly and go on trips into the estuaries and islands camping and fishing.

Thanks to @fishingmad's and some others posting Youtube videos recently having success with big bream and snapper catches along the Yarra and Maribyrnong river, I have been invigorated to get back out there and have a shot with my 2 young children (10 and 7), I have got ourselves enough light gear and tackle, made up the age old barley, cat food and scraps burley and have made a couple trips to the canning reserve, closest place to my home that seems to be well set up for fishing with the young ones. Unfortunately, this has been absolutely shocking with not even the faintest sniff of a bite let alone a fish.

So I am looking to dive in and gain a bit of local knowledge, maybe team up on the occasion with some like minded mum's and dads in order to show the kid's a good time (and that there are fish in the water :P) whilst learning the ways of the local Melbournite land based fishing knowledge.

Say hello and look forward to chatting.
BiDDo (Rhys)

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Re: A Love Renewed is a Beautiful Thing

Post by fishnut » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:18 am

Welcome mate
Canning reserve,is that around Avondale heights?
If so theres not much around this time 8the year,u need to a bit further down towards pub in mariybyrnong for a chance of getting some bream or mellet but spring is netter when the breeding bream come up but live bait is the best
There's mulloway also a possibility
Brendon wing did a bit of reaserch a few years ago on youfish and was amazed at the number of mulloway that showed up on the sounder in the winter around the racecourse in the marybyrnong river,so good luck mate hope this helps

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: A Love Renewed is a Beautiful Thing

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:22 am

Hi Rhys!
:welcome2: to the forum mate!
There is plenty of useful information on here so use the search option and have a look :)
We are a friendly bunch here too. I’m sure you will learn a thing or 2 in regards to gaining more knowledge towards landbased fishing down here in Melbourne!
Look forward to chatting more later.
Cheers :)

Return to “Introductions”