Long time reader, unlucky fisher

This is the place to introduce and tell everyone about yourself.
croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Re: Long time reader, unlucky fisher

Post by croe04 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Aimless wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:43 pm
croe04 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 pm
I've been doing well at Albert Park lake recently. Use small hardbodies, the trout seem to love them.

cheers

croe
Thanks for the heads up Croe, read a few of your reports! Are the ones that come out of Albert Park any good to eat? I am keen for a pan size at least once in life! Cheers.
Unfortunately not, the fish in Albert park aren't considered safe for consumption. If you're keen to catch a fish to eat, another good suburban lake is Karkarook in moorabbin. Don't catch as much when i'm there, but on one occasion I did take a fish home for dinner and i'm still standing. Would recommend bleeding it quickly and soaking in water as mine had a bit of a muddy after-taste. The trade off is that because of it's small size karkarook gets consistently flogged right after the fish are stocked, so you need to get in quick. The trout in karkarook are also much less lively and aggressive than the ones in AP. Good luck out there, urban trout fishing is great on a good day.

cheers

croe

Aimless
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Long time reader, unlucky fisher

Post by Aimless » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:06 pm

croe04 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:01 pm
Aimless wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:43 pm
croe04 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 pm
I've been doing well at Albert Park lake recently. Use small hardbodies, the trout seem to love them.

cheers

croe
Thanks for the heads up Croe, read a few of your reports! Are the ones that come out of Albert Park any good to eat? I am keen for a pan size at least once in life! Cheers.
Unfortunately not, the fish in Albert park aren't considered safe for consumption. If you're keen to catch a fish to eat, another good suburban lake is Karkarook in moorabbin. Don't catch as much when i'm there, but on one occasion I did take a fish home for dinner and i'm still standing. Would recommend bleeding it quickly and soaking in water as mine had a bit of a muddy after-taste. The trade off is that because of it's small size karkarook gets consistently flogged right after the fish are stocked, so you need to get in quick. The trout in karkarook are also much less lively and aggressive than the ones in AP. Good luck out there, urban trout fishing is great on a good day.

cheers

croe
Cheers mate! Very handy advice, appreciate it all.

Return to “Introductions”