40 bucks of agony

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

40 bucks of agony

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:01 pm

It has been a fair while since I have done much in the way of casting lures. So the upshot is after making a few lure casts today, I suddenly found I could not lift my left arm which is my rod holding arm, up without experiencing a fair amount of pain.

The most comfortable and pain free position was to hold my arm close to my chest and try not to turn my head in either direction.

The up shot was walking through a shopping centre with my daughter who need to get some new clothes, I spied one of those massage shop fronts, so giving the daughter the money ( the credit card stayed in the wallet) I booked a 20 min neck and shoulder session.

Now thinking this was going to be very therapeutic and relaxing. Boy I could not have been more wrong. It hurt and it hurt some more and just when I thought it was over, he found a new way to inflict unbearable pain and suffering on me.

I am lying there thinking I have just paid 40 bucks to have pain inflicted on me, I must be crazy. Doubts formed in my mind, how in the hell is this going to fix my painful shoulder. Very quickly I was wishing I had never ever ventured in to this shop. Lying there thinking I can't take anymore of this agony. My screams echoed around the shopping centre ( a bit of poetic licence) in reality my jaw was clenched tight to stop the moans of agony from coming out.

eventually, after what seemed and eternity it was over, and I silently vowed never, ever to be tempted to enter those premises again.

The daughter was waiting dutifully and I even had some change from the money I had given her, I get back to the car and gradually move my arm and neck, without any pain.

I think he must of destroyed all the nerve pathways, so that pain signals had nothing to travel along or stunned the nerves into unconsciousness.

Still at the moment I am pain free.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: 40 bucks of agony

Post by poodoo » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:14 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :a_goodjob: so would you go again? sorta worked?

SparkyUK

Post by SparkyUK » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Guess you got a unhappy ending there wally :super:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:23 pm

You will need to go fishing to see if it worked

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:10 pm

If you experience constant shoulder back hip leg pain, you could try a foam roller. I have a book called 'becoming a supple leopard' by Kelly Starret (sounds like a complete wank but the guys knows his stuff) and a couple of basic pieces of gear, 15 minutes of mobility movements in the morning and half an hour after a hard sparring session and i'm good to go the next day with no problems.

Happy to provide links and or demos if you need.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:55 am

I have new sore spots now from the massage :crazy: :doh1: :angry: :snap:

robbo101

Post by robbo101 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:01 am

If they don't cause you agony then they are not going to help the slightest bit!!
It should be almost unbearable, I have been to a physic that bruised me but made me feel better in the long run so defiantly worth it!

snapper hunter

Post by snapper hunter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:23 pm

I had a similar experience with the physio, I was convinced he was a total reckless d*$khead at the time he was hands on. Drove home so damn sore and swore never to do that again.

Woke up the next morning 100%, no pain at all.

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”