Fun on the sand

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Fun on the sand

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 am

mazman wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
Fish-cador wrote: After seeing Adam's rod, I bought it off eBay (Tackle World Manly) for $139 delivered. Don't tell my wife. :-)
oh crap! found one for $108 delivered. Now DONT tell my wife! :doh1: Bangg
I saw that as well I just didn't have the heart to tell you
at least you have the balls to tell me now. LOL

I was planning to buy it from BCF but it was more expensive. I did not want to drive and haggle for competitor price discount so I bought it off the net. Then I found out that I can get it even cheaper. $31 savings .... that's 7 x Gillies lure!
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:59 am

Fish-cador wrote:
mazman wrote:What sort of rod is it?
bamboo. LOL

nano XT
CarlG wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:
raco09 wrote:no invite??? :(
Bahaha no point on putting a hex on the outcome mate
Open invite for any members, including you two...lol..
Only VIPs get invitations. :haha2:

I was not invited by anyone. I just hauled my ass from the couch and went to gunners.
Just thought it would of been good to catch up with old fisho mates :)
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

nickb123

Post by nickb123 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Well fished gunnamatta from around 6:30ish until 9:30 this morning with metal slugs dropped one big salmon just before the wash didn't get any other hits, a couple of guys fishing baits got 2 or 3 thats about it very quiet, third time I've been there and not caught a thing lol
Cheers Nick

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:08 pm

nickb123 wrote:Well fished gunnamatta from around 6:30ish until 9:30 this morning with metal slugs dropped one big salmon just before the wash didn't get any other hits, a couple of guys fishing baits got 2 or 3 thats about it very quiet, third time I've been there and not caught a thing lol
Bad luck mate. Keep in mind how often Cg And I steepen there. Its not always good and I probablydonut more often than not. Did you walk the length?
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Lost Pom

Post by Lost Pom » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:00 pm

Still don't think I'm over dropping that salmon at Reeves! Haha. Happy to entertain though!

Ripper session there though fellas. Gonna have to have a look down there for sure. Be interesting to see the structure in comparison to Woolamai which could barely be 20km away?

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:21 pm

spun there tonight with ruud got 3 lost 2 and had ant oates pull a horse next to me, was a 2kg plus salmon. they were a bit sparse tonight, all in 2 holes. ruud got 3 and released a 21 cm baby. the bait fishos got a couple as well.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:57 am

poodoo wrote:spun there tonight with ruud got 3 lost 2 and had ant oates pull a horse next to me, was a 2kg plus salmon. they were a bit sparse tonight, all in 2 holes. ruud got 3 and released a 21 cm baby. the bait fishos got a couple as well.
Was talking to Ant last week in Rye, he's leading the comp at the minute, but he's lost some absolute monsters this last couple of months. And we he say's monsters, he actually means it, not the sort of bloke to swear the 1.7kg fish he's just dragged up is 3kg...as I've seen many times before with other anglers.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:34 am

CarlG wrote:
poodoo wrote:spun there tonight with ruud got 3 lost 2 and had ant oates pull a horse next to me, was a 2kg plus salmon. they were a bit sparse tonight, all in 2 holes. ruud got 3 and released a 21 cm baby. the bait fishos got a couple as well.
Was talking to Ant last week in Rye, he's leading the comp at the minute, but he's lost some absolute monsters this last couple of months. And we he say's monsters, he actually means it, not the sort of bloke to swear the 1.7kg fish he's just dragged up is 3kg...as I've seen many times before with other anglers.
yeah wouldn't be surprised, but did see him drop a smaller one after he told me to change from trebles to singles. the big one gave him some grief he had to walk it up the beach and it did dive blistering runs.

nickb123

Post by nickb123 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:23 am

DougieK wrote:
nickb123 wrote:Well fished gunnamatta from around 6:30ish until 9:30 this morning with metal slugs dropped one big salmon just before the wash didn't get any other hits, a couple of guys fishing baits got 2 or 3 thats about it very quiet, third time I've been there and not caught a thing lol
Bad luck mate. Keep in mind how often Cg And I steepen there. Its not always good and I probablydonut more often than not. Did you walk the length?
Yeah walked to the left right up the beach then flicked all the way back down to the car park ahwell gave me something to do on my rdo lol
Cheers Nick

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:41 am

nickb123 wrote:
DougieK wrote:
Yeah walked to the left right up the beach then flicked all the way back down to the car park ahwell gave me something to do on my rdo lol
That's ****. At least you hooked one.

Have you been surf spinning before?
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”