Gunamatta tommorow

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Booya

Re: Gunamatta tommorow

Post by Booya » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:19 am

I didn't go Gunamatta, but fish Mornington instead on boat got a dozen of barracuta.

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:55 am

Yeah, I didn't get to Gunners either.
Went to see what the new MorningtonPier was like, but its stil not open. I reckon bybthe end of the month cause it looks almost ready to go.
Anyway I got a huge leatherjacket, a small pinkie. A few small Salmon were picked up too. Asian blokes on the inside wall were smashing the Coutas like I've never seen before like you wouldnt believe. Geez I wish they'd fish them all out the bay I can't stand Coutas :puke:
Also the piers way too crowded, I think I'll stck to my usual spots.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:35 am

Gave Gunners a quick walk up and down yesterday, no fish, but the tide was a bit low tbh, the better news is the beach is tremendous condition, a stack of contour and shape, even the first part near the second carpark is looking top banana. The pick would be the second last gutter before you reach the rocks, it is sucking in water both sides, on the side nearest the carpark, the wash is pumping water into it, on the other, the small linking gutter has pushed through again, letting water from the gutter adjacent to the rocks flood through, allied to the wash that seperates the two, it is like a river flowing out..
All in all, once the salmon turn up, the spinning guys are gonna have a field day.

bigdan91

Post by bigdan91 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:42 pm

CarlG wrote:Gave Gunners a quick walk up and down yesterday, no fish, but the tide was a bit low tbh, the better news is the beach is tremendous condition, a stack of contour and shape, even the first part near the second carpark is looking top banana. The pick would be the second last gutter before you reach the rocks, it is sucking in water both sides, on the side nearest the carpark, the wash is pumping water into it, on the other, the small linking gutter has pushed through again, letting water from the gutter adjacent to the rocks flood through, allied to the wash that seperates the two, it is like a river flowing out..
All in all, once the salmon turn up, the spinning guys are gonna have a field day.
hopefully that field day is tuesday night!

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:56 pm

bigdan91 wrote:
CarlG wrote:Gave Gunners a quick walk up and down yesterday, no fish, but the tide was a bit low tbh, the better news is the beach is tremendous condition, a stack of contour and shape, even the first part near the second carpark is looking top banana. The pick would be the second last gutter before you reach the rocks, it is sucking in water both sides, on the side nearest the carpark, the wash is pumping water into it, on the other, the small linking gutter has pushed through again, letting water from the gutter adjacent to the rocks flood through, allied to the wash that seperates the two, it is like a river flowing out..
hopefully that field day is tuesday night!
We can only try mate..

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:57 pm

is the whale blubber still there? :lolf:

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Larksy88 wrote:

haha I saw that carcass a couple of weeks ago, didn't know what it was for a minute. It was a long way above the high water mark, dunno how it got up there.

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Aaron75 wrote:
Larksy88 wrote:

haha I saw that carcass a couple of weeks ago, didn't know what it was for a minute. It was a long way above the high water mark, dunno how it got up there.
Check the place out when there's 3mtrs+ of swell running and you'll see why lol..

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:49 pm

CarlG wrote:
Aaron75 wrote:
Larksy88 wrote:

Check the place out when there's 3mtrs+ of swell running and you'll see why lol..
haha it STINKS

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Larksy88 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
Aaron75 wrote:
Larksy88 wrote:

haha it STINKS
Just think of it as berley.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”