The plan

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: The plan

Post by barra mick » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:39 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Scraglor wrote:Sounds like a good plan to me!

I'm planning to head out tomorrow but I really don't know what to target or which bay to go.

Do I go Mornington way and try for an early season snapper, then go for some squid, or do I head over to western port and see if I can get onto some whiting? I have a mate coming that rarely fishes so sorta want to get him into some fish. I guess if we go wpb I could always stop at the bait shop for a bit of action. Decisions decisions.
Greensborough angling club had a comp last weekend at rye for squid supposedly it went alright could be a goer! Apparently there's been a few early season reds around the top end of wp.. I sadly won't be fishing this weekend heading to howqua to do a working bee on the clubs lodge should bring a rod but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be mainly drinking
no rod ??? And mainly drinking....cant see much work happening on that lodge!

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:46 pm

barra mick wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:

I'm planning to head out tomorrow but I really don't know what to target or which bay to go.

Do I go Mornington way and try for an early season snapper, then go for some squid, or do I head over to western port and see if I can get onto some whiting? I have a mate coming that rarely fishes so sorta want to get him into some fish. I guess if we go wpb I could always stop at the bait shop for a bit of action. Decisions decisions.
Greensborough angling club had a comp last weekend at rye for squid supposedly it went alright could be a goer! Apparently there's been a few early season reds around the top end of wp.. I sadly won't be fishing this weekend heading to howqua to do a working bee on the clubs lodge should bring a rod but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be mainly drinking

Bm
Well actually.. Re built a wall on the wood shed, mowed, cleaned the gutters, put all th dry wood in the from n wet wood at the back split more wood, cleaned the flu n canara painted the balcony hand rail, cleaned a bunch of other things then opened the bar!

I took a rod but was surprised at how low the lake is so technically the lodge was on the river but when full it's clearly still part of the lake. Good weekend spewing I couldn't wade the river but I will soon enough

Here's some pics to show how low it is ATM and how high it should be! The tips of the trees had shït stuck on the branches. When high we can launch just out the back of the lodge..

15 bed lodge.. I should rent it for a weekend for the forum
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:13 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
barra mick wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:

Bm
Well actually.. Re built a wall on the wood shed, mowed, cleaned the gutters, put all th dry wood in the from n wet wood at the back split more wood, cleaned the flu n canara painted the balcony hand rail, cleaned a bunch of other things then opened the bar!

I took a rod but was surprised at how low the lake is so technically the lodge was on the river but when full it's clearly still part of the lake. Good weekend spewing I couldn't wade the river but I will soon enough

Here's some pics to show how low it is ATM and how high it should be! The tips of the trees had shït stuck on the branches. When high we can launch just out the back of the lodge..

15 bed lodge.. I should rent it for a weekend for the forum
good idea...rent it out....

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:32 pm

I plan to over New Years for some mates.. If I can get an idea on how many heads would be keen to rent it out it'd help. As a member pretty sure I can rent it for like $30 a night if I wasn't it's something like $180
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

barra mick

Post by barra mick » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Sound good but for me it will have to be after sept...im away fishing until then

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:25 am

the tyre
Attachments
20150816_122744.jpg
bugger

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times