The plan

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

The plan

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:30 am

The plan is tomorrow, to put the tinny on the water and do some trolling for salmon. Got the rods ready, got the lures and found the soft plastics that were put in a safe place, that took me ages to find, by almost pulling the whole room apart. :o_0:

All I need to do now is replace a flat tyre, grease the bearings, get some new fuel and try and convince the daughter she is going to have some fun, catching fish. (yeah right dad, that is what you said last time, we went fishing) :water: . Might have to bribe her by topping up her phone credit.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: The plan

Post by purple5ive » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:10 am

That's a good bribe I think , loll
where are you planning to go trolling, im wanting to catch some salmon myself been a while since I got some.

cheers

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:30 am

Sounds like a good plan to me!

I'm planning to head out tomorrow but I really don't know what to target or which bay to go.

Do I go Mornington way and try for an early season snapper, then go for some squid, or do I head over to western port and see if I can get onto some whiting? I have a mate coming that rarely fishes so sorta want to get him into some fish. I guess if we go wpb I could always stop at the bait shop for a bit of action. Decisions decisions.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:26 am

Scraglor wrote:Sounds like a good plan to me!

I'm planning to head out tomorrow but I really don't know what to target or which bay to go.

Do I go Mornington way and try for an early season snapper, then go for some squid, or do I head over to western port and see if I can get onto some whiting? I have a mate coming that rarely fishes so sorta want to get him into some fish. I guess if we go wpb I could always stop at the bait shop for a bit of action. Decisions decisions.
Greensborough angling club had a comp last weekend at rye for squid supposedly it went alright could be a goer! Apparently there's been a few early season reds around the top end of wp.. I sadly won't be fishing this weekend heading to howqua to do a working bee on the clubs lodge should bring a rod but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be mainly drinking
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Perfect weather for it, Sunday looks stunning.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Mustang38

Post by Mustang38 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:16 pm

With light winds forecast heading down to s Leonard's , queenscliff chasing big squid. Will come home via south channel 'if no luck try portsea then blairgowrie and if still no good out front of rye. Haven't been out for two months so hangin for a fish. Boat fueled and jigs are stocked up. Rods re spooled everything good to go. Going to try some deeper jigging with a sinker for first time.
Will post report with pics. (Hopefully with squid in them. )
Enjoy tomorrow wherever you fish gunna be awesome
Go hawks

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Mustang38 wrote:With light winds forecast heading down to s Leonard's , queenscliff chasing big squid. Will come home via south channel 'if no luck try portsea then blairgowrie and if still no good out front of rye. Haven't been out for two months so hangin for a fish. Boat fueled and jigs are stocked up. Rods re spooled everything good to go. Going to try some deeper jigging with a sinker for first time.
Will post report with pics. (Hopefully with squid in them. )
Enjoy tomorrow wherever you fish gunna be awesome
Go hawks
Heading to Anderson Inlet,

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Im just hoping the ramps arent overly busy yet. Was hoping for a few weeks before the weekend warriors got out.

Mikey87

Post by Mikey87 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:51 pm

Sounds like a quality plan Wolly! Looking forward to the report mate!

cahoona
Has liked: 15 times

Post by cahoona » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Might launch at mordy and go chase some squid and see if i can find some flathead

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”