Aust Salmon - Broke my Fishing Rod

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
nickb123

Re: Aust Salmon - Broke my Fishing Rod

Post by nickb123 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:51 am

Rod Bender wrote:Is that a T-curve FH?
Don't buy a tcurve lol i've broken 2 of them in 2 trips (both under warranty) never broken a rod the way these things snapped, its a 10-15kg (was using it for kings) one snapped on a banjo at the side of the boat the other snapped on an eagle ray again at the side of the boat!! the second time it snapped what appears on the sounder and around the boat 20 minutes later KINGIES!!! only had very light flat head gear wasn't going to get spooled on expensive braid and a 2500 ci4 lol
Cheers Nick

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:19 am

nickb123 wrote: Don't buy a tcurve lol i've broken 2 of them in 2 trips (both under warranty) never broken a rod the way these things snapped, its a 10-15kg (was using it for kings) one snapped on a banjo at the side of the boat the other snapped on an eagle ray again at the side of the boat!! the second time it snapped what appears on the sounder and around the boat 20 minutes later KINGIES!!! only had very light flat head gear wasn't going to get spooled on expensive braid and a 2500 ci4 lol
The rod that broke was a El Cheapo rod, my T-Curve rods are awesome.. :thumbsup:

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:21 am

nickb123 wrote:
Don't buy a tcurve lol i've broken 2 of them in 2 trips (both under warranty) never broken a rod the way these things snapped, its a 10-15kg (was using it for kings) one snapped on a banjo at the side of the boat the other snapped on an eagle ray again at the side of the boat!! the second time it snapped what appears on the sounder and around the boat 20 minutes later KINGIES!!! only had very light flat head gear wasn't going to get spooled on expensive braid and a 2500 ci4 lol
This is why Nude up uses a hand line.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:15 am

nickb123 wrote:

You broke 2 x 10-15kg tcurves?

Wow. I love mine and have always described them as unbreakable. Have put them through some serious punishment too.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:58 am

nickb123 wrote:

Weird, my 902 Coastal is pretty much flawless and has handled some crazy circumstances.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:15 pm

High rodding? It will break any rod.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Thrashed the bejesus out of my 10-15kg tcurve 9' for a fair while now...she's still going strong. I'd recommend them.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Fish-cador wrote:High rodding? It will break any rod.

I high rodded my shimano coastal light adjusting the drag and the same thing happened, I'm slowly changing all my rods to composite to replace the carbon rods, I feel the blended blanks are more forgiving than 100% carbon.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Keenfisho

Post by Keenfisho » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:41 pm

I too have snapped a t-curve and yes it was on a Aust salmon off the heads in bermagui. Brand new it was and I was fuming,fish was taking line drag was not locked and rod was down low,Was a inshore travel 5-10kg. Got it replaced and have caught decent fish off the new one without a drama. It was obviously faulty

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:26 pm

I have three tcurves and have hooked big black rays (100kg+) on my 10-15kg tcurve and didnt have any issues at all and then with 15-24kg up north i pulled the boat wirh it after snagging on reef so honestly no idea how yoyd break them?
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”