Carl.G smashes it again.

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Carl.G smashes it again.

Post by CarlG » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:04 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote:Cheers Phil...another top draw session at my second home...(Gunnamatta)...
Took a while to find them, but once I did...full on for a good hour...
Er Phil, gotta admit, when I caught the 1.9 I did a bit of a Robson Green..I`m sorry, it won`t happen again mate..lol..
Carl..
yeah yeah yeah.

I arrived this morning and you tossed the salmon guts in the water which resulted in the salmon running for their lives. Took 2.5 hours of non-stop casting in Gunners to hook another fish. By the way, thanks for the 2 anchovies you gave me this morning. :tongue: When I opened my esky, the fish seemed to have crapped on the way home and their guts had anchovies.

Did you get some more this evening? Tuesday is shaping to be a good one in the surf. Sickie anyone? :roflmao:
Got nothing more at Gunners mate...it just didn`t flatten down enough really...pity, `cos it turned into a beautiful evening....still got a good few km`s walking in...bloody knackered now...lol..
So those two I passed on to you were full of fish as well...? Good, same as the one`s last night. Hopefully were in for a more sustained run of slamoon if the bait fish are there..
PS, good to catch up again today mate..just wish you`d been down earlier to share in the madness first thing this morning...will try and post the photo of daughter 2`s first and second gunners salmon..
Carl..

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:15 pm

CarlG wrote: ....still got a good few km`s walking in...bloody knackered now...lol..
So those two I passed on to you were full of fish as well...? Good, same as the one`s last night. Hopefully were in for a more sustained run of slamoon if the bait fish are there..
PS, good to catch up again today mate..just wish you`d been down earlier to share in the madness first thing this morning...will try and post the photo of daughter 2`s first and second gunners salmon..
Carl..
same here mate. good to see you again in the surf..

you walked this morning to the first rock - 2km , took your daughter home - 2km and came back - 2km, went home for some chow - 2km, went to portssea, I guess we did about 2 km there then you went back to gunners 4 km back and forth. that is nothing, ONLY 14KM :roflmao: :roflmao:

I did around 6km today..... lost 2 kg and I am now eating to gain the weight back. :roflmao:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
CarlG wrote: ....still got a good few km`s walking in...bloody knackered now...lol..
Carl..
same here mate. good to see you again in the surf..

you walked this morning to the first rock - 2km , took your daughter home - 2km and came back - 2km, went home for some chow - 2km, went to portssea, I guess we did about 2 km there then you went back to gunners 4 km back and forth. that is nothing, ONLY 14KM :roflmao: :roflmao:

I did around 6km today..... lost 2 kg and I am now eating to gain the weight back. :roflmao:
Wearing those waders mate, it`s like a weight loss program all of it`s own....lol..
Only 14km...? it felt like that doing the last walk back along tonight...god it was long....or I`m getting soft....possibly both..
Carl..

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:27 pm

yup the waders get heavier every minute. I dont use waders during summer. I use G-string - ah, very comfortable. LOL
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

bradp
Has liked: 42 times

Post by bradp » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:55 pm

I had a lure bash at Gunna Sunday arvo, only managed a couple.

Walked all the way to the rocks to the left

Not many other fish caught along the beach.

Oh and no waders for me..... board shorts all the way :cold:

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:10 pm

bradp wrote:I had a lure bash at Gunna Sunday arvo, only managed a couple.

Was that you and your mate who walked past me on the way back...? Two blokes were fishing the far side of the rocks, I tried fishing both sides to no result..all the action was early on in the morning..
Carl..

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:25 pm

CarlG wrote:
bradp wrote:I had a lure bash at Gunna Sunday arvo, only managed a couple.

Was that you and your mate who walked past me on the way back...? Two blokes were fishing the far side of the rocks, I tried fishing both sides to no result..all the action was early on in the morning..
Carl..
What time were you there? I was there about 4 only stayed a little while, then headed to portsea.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:29 pm

He was there while you were :-) He got there about 5 to 10mins after you did.

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:31 pm

i was at gunna this morning action was during the early early hours of the morning :D
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Hey Wolly, was there about 3.45-4 ish, then stayed till around 5.30..did you venture up the far end or stay near the carpark..?
Carl..

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”