Fishing in Bright over Xmas

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
dman

Fishing in Bright over Xmas

Post by dman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 am

Hey guys first post for me! I'm heading up to Bright over Xmas doing a bit of camping and hopefully some fishing! Haven't done much fishing up there before so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers Dman :banana:

Rod Bender

Re: Fishing in Bright over Xmas

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:39 am

Welcome to the site! Shallow water trout fishing is what you will be doing! Lures are a good option. If you are not that well versed with trout fishing just ask some more questions. I think there will be a lot of people there but.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 am

for small stream fishing the best lures to use would be small spinners or small diving lures. and i agree with jim there will probally be lots of people.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

dman

Post by dman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks guys, Yeah sorry i should of been a bit more specific. I will be fishing for trout but am specifically looking for lure colours and locations to fish?

mazman

Post by mazman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 am

for lure colours i would go with natural colours and trout patterns for the divers and for the spinners i'm not 100% sure but i think gold blade with red or black spots/stripes.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Copied the following from one of my posts regarding a trip I did to Bright / Porepunkah about a month ago.

Lures used with success (if you could call it that): black /orange dot Vibrax had some interest showed. 'Muddler' pattern 5cm Jointed Rapala drew all the attention after dark.
Lures that did not interest the fish: pink / brass blade Roostertail, orange / brass Vibrax spinner and after dark, 5 cm 'Rainbow Trout' Jointed Rapala did not raise an eyebrow from the fish!

Pink is one of my favourite colors for trout but I guess it won't work all the time. I also like orange, however it did not work this time. I like orange during spawning time (in waters that can be fished legally) as it looks like roe. Have a look on google maps for nearby areas as well eg. Porepunkah. Unfortunately it will be a popular destination over the holidays.
thanks
Jim

dman

Post by dman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks guys, I will do a bit of shopping for some new lures this week and will let you know how I go when i'm back online in the New Year.

Cheers Dman :banana:

dman

Post by dman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:56 am

P.S Also would it be worth taking some worms and floating them down stream? As i have ridiculous amounts in the compost at home!

Cheer Dman :banana:

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:07 am

dman wrote:P.S Also would it be worth taking some worms and floating them down stream? As i have ridiculous amounts in the compost at home!

Cheer Dman :banana:
I have never tried worms on trout but have no doubt they will work. Lots of people fish this way with success. If there are crickets / grasshoppers around at the time consider floating them as well.
thanks
Jim

mazman

Post by mazman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 am

for the worms float them down with no or little weight if you float the worm in the current past prime lies you should get some but please don't keep too many fish especially those large enough to breed

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”