Gunners 14/12 - out numbered a million to 1

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Gunners 14/12 - out numbered a million to 1

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:56 pm

apologies for the quality of the other pics. I did not realize I touched the lens which smeared the surface. Tomorrow, I will take better pictures. ****I WISH****
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:58 pm

poodoo wrote:.i was actually wondering whether the lure action would change significantly.
I dont think so. Gillies lures lack action. On calm waters, it's like dragging a dead fish on its sides. In the surf, the waves can wobble the lure a bit for some "action".
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:17 am

Top work man...good to see there still there...off down there now to have a blast at `em...
Gillies lures have plenty of action. Slow down your retrieve and you`ll see your rod tip wobbling...action of the lure coming back up through the line..

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:07 am

Fantastic work FC :clap:.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Eug1

Post by Eug1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:19 am

Great work FC!!!
Thanks for posting the pics, I think you've
inspired the rest of us to get out there this weekend.
And thinks for the info on how you went about catching them. Great tips for a newbie like myself.
Cheers, Eug.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:33 am

I was going to come flik a few lures this arvo too, but I have the kids and the swell is picking up, so not going to risk it now :(

abmob

Post by abmob » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:35 am

Great effort mate!

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:57 am

Thanks guys. It was nice fishing but I carried 20 big fish from 2KM away, now I am feeling the effects. Signs of getting old.

bloody forecast. It was OK last night but bad now with up to 2M swell. Will drop by later this arvo. Will fish if possible. Otherwise I will try my luck on cala in the piers.

Carl, where do you buy Gilies lures with lots of action? My lures are like dead stiff pillies. LOL. The waves are doing their job swinging the lures side to side. On calm waters, look at the action and it's barely moving. It is doing its job on the surf so I wont complain. I still but them in bulk. :-)
====
Words of wisdom:
====

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks heaps for the sambos FC, but unfortunately forum member hangsta and I had no luck. What amazes me is that we had pole position right in front of a decent hole. While timmy was fishing to the right of us and caught a 2mtr gummy which he released as it was a female and a snapper. With your salmon. Fark me... He was using a different rig to us. Maybe something ill use at gunna next time... Cheers.
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:39 am

Fish-cador wrote:Thanks guys. It was nice fishing but I carried 20 big fish from 2KM away, now I am feeling the effects. Signs of getting old.

bloody forecast. It was OK last night but bad now with up to 2M swell. Will drop by later this arvo. Will fish if possible. Otherwise I will try my luck on cala in the piers.

Carl, where do you buy Gilies lures with lots of action? My lures are like dead stiff pillies. LOL. The waves are doing their job swinging the lures side to side. On calm waters, look at the action and it's barely moving. It is doing its job on the surf so I wont complain. I still but them in bulk. :-)
I`ve never had an issue with those lures, I slow-medium retrieve and the rod tip shakes like a beauty, with or without wave action thank you very much...lol..they catch fish don`t they..?
This arvo looks buggered Gunna`s wise...pity...this mornings session was truncated by the lightening....bit of a deal beaker in my book....

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”