Gunnamatta beach

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
keep_itsimple

Gunnamatta beach

Post by keep_itsimple » Sat May 28, 2011 9:36 am

Going to head about lunch time for a couple of hours and throw some metals around

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Re: Gunnamatta beach

Post by fishingvic » Sat May 28, 2011 10:35 am

I've always wanted to give it a crack down there.... looks like a great day for it....Let us know if you get any action?
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat May 28, 2011 5:45 pm

keep_itsimple wrote:Going to head about lunch time for a couple of hours and throw some metals around

Started off at Rye back beach, all I caught was about a million and one crabs. (well a slight exaggeration) Thought I'd put on a soft plastic so at least there would be something still on the line, but the crabs absolutely love SP's.

Pulled up stumps and went the tackle store and bought some surf poppers, at least the crabs wont eat them and headed to Gunna.

Bait zero.

Caught one small salmon on a lure and worst of all, should have been there yesterday.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun May 29, 2011 12:32 pm

Got up at 530 and headed back to Gunna, took the deckie with me this time. Arrived at about 630, still dark and only 3 or 4 cars in the carpark.

Standing at the stairway could see some nice looking water directly in front.

The sideways current was a bit strong. Gradually the numbers of anglers slow built to the point that surfers had to run the gauntlet of fishing rods and lines.

High tide at 9 and all looked promising, but like a politician promising a lot but delivering very little. Only saw a couple of fish caught.

Pulled up stumps and headed to Rye back beach. Decided to leave the bait alone and walk the beach casting lures. A bit of weed about.

All was well until dry land was suddenly under a metre and a bit of white water, difficulty in keeping my footing and turning around saw the deckie taking swimming lessons :grin:

Would have thought wearing waders he could have stayed dry a bit longer. So the trip ended and we headed back home.

Fishless.

keep_itsimple

Post by keep_itsimple » Sun May 29, 2011 12:41 pm

I didn't get a thing yesterday either but it was just good to have the sand between my toes

keep_itsimple

Post by keep_itsimple » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:42 pm

ill be going down on sunday for the southern peninsula angling club beach comp, its only for club members ($35) for a yearly membership, but alot of nice people and should be a good day

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”