Gunners 17/01/2013

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Gunners 17/01/2013

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Headed out to Gunners for my first spinning session. Fished from 5:15-8:30 with the tide going out. Didn't have any luck which was a pity because it would have been nice to catch something let alone get a bite on the spin gear. I think maybe the reason might have been there was to much weed around. Lots of other people fishing with baits and they didn't appear to catch either. Was fun but will need some sort of glove for my finger because the line almost chopped it off with 1000's of cast I did :grin:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Steff

Re: Gunners 17/01/2013

Post by Steff » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Boat or land based?
So i went fishing on her birthday, .. Hey! She'll have another one!

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Landbased

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:Headed out to Gunners for my first spinning session. Fished from 5:15-8:30 with the tide going out. Didn't have any luck which was a pity because it would have been nice to catch something let alone get a bite on the spin gear. I think maybe the reason might have been there was to much weed around. Lots of other people fishing with baits and they didn't appear to catch either. Was fun but will need some sort of glove for my finger because the line almost chopped it off with 1000's of cast I did :grin:
You didn`t see FC down there by any chance did you...? He was there at the same time..
And don`t worry about your finger, it`ll toughen up eventually...

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:13 pm

CarlG wrote:
Raulfc7 wrote:Headed out to Gunners for my first spinning session. Fished from 5:15-8:30 with the tide going out. Didn't have any luck which was a pity because it would have been nice to catch something let alone get a bite on the spin gear. I think maybe the reason might have been there was to much weed around. Lots of other people fishing with baits and they didn't appear to catch either. Was fun but will need some sort of glove for my finger because the line almost chopped it off with 1000's of cast I did :grin:
You didn`t see FC down there by any chance did you...? He was there at the same time..
Yeah, just look at Carls finger. Big and strong it is..... :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 pm

LOL so that was you Raul. I was thinking of giving you my spare finger guard but I thought, hmmn this guy looks like a newbie so let him feel it. :grin: :roflmao:

I was the one with spare rod on the back pack. Nice meeting you. :welcome: I wanted to introduce myself but it seemed that you were the quiet type guy who wants to be alone so I gave you peace after a short chat.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Fish-cador wrote:LOL so that was you Raul. I was thinking of giving you my spare finger guard but I thought, hmmn this guy looks like a newbie so let him feel it. :grin: :roflmao:

I was the one with spare rod on the back pack. Nice meeting you. :welcome: I wanted to introduce myself but it seemed that you were the quiet type guy who wants to be alone so I gave you peace after a short chat.
Maybe he was just frightened of you FC. Were you being aggressive again? :haha2:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Raulfc7

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Fish-cador wrote:LOL so that was you Raul. I was thinking of giving you my spare finger guard but I thought, hmmn this guy looks like a newbie so let him feel it. :grin: :roflmao:

You know what I thought the same thing :lolf: good meeting you :thumbsup: maybe next time the fish will turn up and I can see some action on the spin rod. How did you go any luck?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Raulfc7

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:11 pm

CarlG wrote:
My finger is stuffed at the moment but well worth it. When I saw FC with his Michael Jackson glove on I new I was going to be in a world of pain lol

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Raulfc7 wrote: My finger is stuffed at the moment but well worth it. When I saw FC with his Michael Jackson glove on I new I was going to be in a world of pain lol
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: LOL nice one!.

nah, I caught tons of salad. Next time I will bring Italian salad dressing. Annoying weeds. :doh1: I was surprised they were attracted to my magnetic lure. :crazy: Weed every cast. :angry:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”