Kilcunda surf fishing this sunday

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
keep_itsimple

Kilcunda surf fishing this sunday

Post by keep_itsimple » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Southern peninsula angling club are having there last surf comp this sunday at kilcunda cemetary beach, its not a open comp but heaps of nice people and good advice. Weigh in is at 2pm in the car park, the wind will pick up at about this time so im going down for an early start

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Kilcunda surf fishing this sunday

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:02 am

keep_itsimple wrote:Southern peninsula angling club are having there last surf comp this sunday at kilcunda cemetary beach, its not a open comp but heaps of nice people and good advice. Weigh in is at 2pm in the car park, the wind will pick up at about this time so im going down for an early start

Went to Kilcunda on Monday, only managed two small ones. Went to carpark, just before the cemetery. Got there just before sunrise, the sea was flat, with very little swell. The sea mist would add a surreal feeling to the setting.

So it would be good to know how you guys go.

Best of luck.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Heading down to either Williamson's beach or maybe Venus bay on tuesday morning. Still undecided, might hit Venus Bay first and then come back to Williamson's.

keep_itsimple

Post by keep_itsimple » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:36 am

I was using metals and didnt get anything a couple people using baits caught a far bit but no luck for me

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:31 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:Heading down to either Williamson's beach or maybe Venus bay on tuesday morning. Still undecided, might hit Venus Bay first and then come back to Williamson's.
It was blowing an absolute gale, sand blasting everything. Travelled from Venus bay to Williamson's where lost a few rigs the the killer weed. Stopped off at Kilcunda, didn't even bother taking the rods out of the car. It was a mass of foam, and more than a few clumps of weed floating amongst it.

Needed heavier gear than I had with me.

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”