Williamson's beach

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Williamson's beach

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Well did plan to hit Williamson's beach yesterday, but work commitments spoilt that plan. So alternative arrangements were made for this morning.

Planned ahead, stocked up with bait, and poppers, home-made rigs plus some pre tied ones.

Hit the deck running this morning and made it Williamson's just as the sun was starting to rise. The weather was perfect, last night showed dead calm. In the car park could hear what sounded like an express train, must be the desal plant.

Loaded up with the gear and headed to the beach, topping the rise could see some nice sized breakers for surfing, oh well still give it a go. Set up and cast out, the side drift was very strong with rigs almost parallel to the beach in no time. Left the 6 oz sinkers in the car. Moved further down the beach, cast out, tug tug on the line, reel in the weight, bloody weed, cast again, more weed and more weed, and still more weed.

Packed up and trudged back up the beach to another spot, eventually one rod loaded, the line was being dragged out against the drag setting, gain a little line and loose more, moving down the beach, gaining line inch by inch and the next set of waves would give it more traction and I'd loose all the line I had gained plus some more, by this time the arm was beginning to ache.

How long is this going to last, before I land this monster, get it up the beach and then the wash would wash it back out, tighten the drag a little more, gained some more line then the wash would drag it back out again, by this time I must be at least 100-150 yards from where I had started.

15lb line, and 60lb leader, cant reach the leader, didn't have the waders on to go into the wash to wrestle this monster ashore, eventually something had to give, my arm was aching.

The with one final flick it was over, the knot parted at the leader.

That monster clump of seaweed must have been at least 20kg. :lolf: :shocker:

Finally admitted defeat :surrender: and headed home.

vinhii

Re: Williamson's beach

Post by vinhii » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Well did plan to hit Williamson's beach yesterday, but work commitments spoilt that plan. So alternative arrangements were made for this morning.

Planned ahead, stocked up with bait, and poppers, home-made rigs plus some pre tied ones.

Hit the deck running this morning and made it Williamson's just as the sun was starting to rise. The weather was perfect, last night showed dead calm. In the car park could hear what sounded like an express train, must be the desal plant.

Loaded up with the gear and headed to the beach, topping the rise could see some nice sized breakers for surfing, oh well still give it a go. Set up and cast out, the side drift was very strong with rigs almost parallel to the beach in no time. Left the 6 oz sinkers in the car. Moved further down the beach, cast out, tug tug on the line, reel in the weight, bloody weed, cast again, more weed and more weed, and still more weed.

Packed up and trudged back up the beach to another spot, eventually one rod loaded, the line was being dragged out against the drag setting, gain a little line and loose more, moving down the beach, gaining line inch by inch and the next set of waves would give it more traction and I'd loose all the line I had gained plus some more, by this time the arm was beginning to ache.

How long is this going to last, before I land this monster, get it up the beach and then the wash would wash it back out, tighten the drag a little more, gained some more line then the wash would drag it back out again, by this time I must be at least 100-150 yards from where I had started.

15lb line, and 60lb leader, cant reach the leader, didn't have the waders on to go into the wash to wrestle this monster ashore, eventually something had to give, my arm was aching.

The with one final flick it was over, the knot parted at the leader.

That monster clump of seaweed must have been at least 20kg. :lolf: :shocker:

Finally admitted defeat :surrender: and headed home.

:lolf: :lolf: :lolf: :lolf: poor wolly! , got me full on excited reading that last bit hahaha thought you hooked a hugeeeeee beast loool! oh well maybe next time.
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

fishhead

Post by fishhead » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:31 pm

It was a real thriller. I imagined a large shark in my head until the last line. :cheers:
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:58 pm

The worst part was the local tackle store said that the dolphins were about 150 metres off shore, this morning. They probably had herded a school of salmon in close, and I had travelled an hour to catch seaweed monsters.

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:04 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:The worst part was the local tackle store said that the dolphins were about 150 metres off shore, this morning. They probably had herded a school of salmon in close, and I had travelled an hour to catch seaweed monsters.

DOLPHIN TUNA! lol jokes :lol:
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

You love it :D Just like tomorrow, when I teach you how to catch fish at Gunna :tongue:

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:35 pm

You are keen mate , better luck next time . :thumbsup:

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”