sat @ portsea

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: sat @ portsea

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:11 pm

I will give London Bridge area another crack this weekend. Timing is bad on Sunday. Low tide around 10AM~ish and high tide is before dark. Should I stay around 8PM and attempt to snag a gummy? :dontknow :dontknow . I am not a gummy fan but I love reeling them in.

My last big hook ups at night in Portsea back beach were about 3 years ago. For 2 consecutive nights, I lost the battle after about 30 minutes of tug of war. I was dragged to the rocks on one and got cut off on a 60 lb wire trace on the other. Maybe the wire trace was too light and got rubbed on the rocks too many times. :snap: :snap: Those who hunt gummy in the surf know how hard it is to reel in a big one on a 12 foot rod. Cant wait for the next big one from the surf....
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:16 am

hope you do well.could be a bit fresh weather wise.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:13 pm

I catch bugger all when the surf is flat. I do better when there is a bit of white stuff past the gutters. According to www.bom.gov.au, it will be very calm tomorrow morning then the breeze will pick up after lunch up to 15 knots in the afternoon from the south.

Will try Blairgowrie Marina in the morning for an hour of spinning before heading to the surf.

Not feeling good today. Sore after yesterday's remedial massage and chiro session. I feel so heavy headed and tired :sick: ...... but we know us (anglers), we miraculously get better at the sight of a rod and reel.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:37 pm

:cussing: :cussing: bugga! went our for a couple of hours tonight and when I checked the weather forecast again for tomorrow, it will be 25 knots from the south. there goes my plan to hit the surf. Sea weeds will be all over the place. :cussing: :cussing:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:45 pm

bloody www.bom.gov.au. Woke up early today and checked the weather forecast. It was totally different from late last night. Cant trust these guys. :bat:

Arrived 9AM in Blairgowrie Marina only to be told that the party was over. It was 7AM. To add salt to the injury, someone showed me his 7AM haul caught while spinning. - sambos to 600grams, could be more. smh

Had enough in Blairgowrie. Went to Sorrento Pier. - same story. The party was over. smh

Went to Portsea Pier - this pier is cursed. No fish, no squid. Only divers. Did not see a diver holding a pillie and calling the squid to come close. smh

Went to port sea back beach, London bridge area. Low tide was really low. Cant spin. I decided not to wait for the change of tide and headed back to the car.

Passed by Mt Martha rocks on the way home. Caught 35 Mexican Marlins (garfish) in 1 and a half hour. Not big, all bait size. Stocking bait now. Hope to turn these gars to snappers :fishing:

Where are the sambos? :wall:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Drove home tired and with only one fish. Then I saw an idiot driving dangerously. The idiot was driving like a snake on a straight road. I pulled up beside him to gesture him to slow down and take it easy. 'was a young male driver who thinks he is indestructible. He had droopy eyes - maybe drunk, sleepy or on drugs. I can't be sure. He didn't look fit to drive. He then went nuts and cut me left and right and wont let me pass. He even slammed on his brakes twice while we were travelling at 100kph. On one occassion, I had to change lane to avoid hitting him. He was driving a holden - small sedan. I was driving an SUV with bull bars. Speaking of stupidity on the road - my bull bar was bigger than his car. I called the police and told them to intercept the guy. I gave the police his rego and I also took a photo of his car. I wonder if he got caught or got a knock on his door tonight. Bloody idiot. :angryfire: Idiots dont grow old, they die young.
Funny you said that.. i think i encountered the same F*&@king idiot you did.. was it a Silver Holden?? driving like a total ****? he cut off 3 people including myself and nearly took us all OUT!! in one go. :angryfire: :angryfire:
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:12 pm

vinhii wrote: Funny you said that.. i think i encountered the same F*&@king idiot you did.. was it a Silver Holden?? driving like a total ****? he cut off 3 people including myself and nearly took us all OUT!! in one go. :angryfire: :angryfire:

How did you know? Silver Holden, correct! The one I encountered has Rego UGA 456. I still have the picture. That bloody idiot.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:20 pm

I dont remember the REGO but if i see him again ill remember him for sure!!! I was going to brawl with him i chased him cause he cut me off numerous times .. i wanted to tell him off , for having total disregard for others on the road and nearly causing 3 or more accidents..

We encountered a moment when we were side by side and he flipped me the bird! that made me furious! i chased him all the way to Springvale Rd and he got scared and took the buslane/service lane and flew past a speeding camera.. maybe cause i had my gaff ready :P :lolf: I think he realised he pissed off the wrong asian haha!! :lolf: :lolf: :lolf:

I hope he did get a knock on the door and they gave him a beating :P

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:28 pm

I can lend you my spear gun, better than gaff. :-)
====
Words of wisdom:
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:30 pm

LOL!!!!!! nah no need i got my own haha just gaff will be fine .. so i can drag him after ive gaff`d him haha joking lol.

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”