sat @ portsea

Post by hangsta* » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:23 pm

Being such a nice day Saturday ,I decided to give portsea a try
nice deep water.JPG
nice deep water.JPG (50.64 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
.it was overcast but very calm found myself a nice gutter to fish
nice gutter.JPG
nice gutter.JPG (31.22 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
there was no weed to worry about and just a small swell rolling in caught nuttin,not even a sniff
tt lite nice conditions.JPG
tt lite nice conditions.JPG (31.5 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
.anyway it was nice down there…..pete

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: sat @ portsea

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:33 pm

I thought port sea was running hot.

Good shots.

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:53 pm

its deader than dead at the moment :sad: maybe during the week when we all at work it will fire up :lol:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:17 pm

which area of Portsea is this one, Surf Saving club or London Bridge? I was itching to go there today but I did not pack my surf gear.

I braved the wind and rain and went to Blairgowrie Marina today - Hard body lures, SP plus harimitsus in tow- ZERO! :wall:

Proceeded to Rye pier for another ZERO! :wall: Only mexican marlins (garfish) were abundant in Rye pier....not big but could be good bait.

bloody weather!
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:23 pm

I think you fished in the surf life saver's club area. (I cant see the building or the car parkin the picture) which means, you were not in London Bridge area when you took the pictures.

I wonder how things went in London Bridgde area last Sat and this afternoon. :dontknow
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:16 pm

left of surf life saving club.1st photo is top carpark

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:44 pm

looks like you fished the bottom of low tide..... dont expect much during low tide.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:12 pm

fished from 3-6 high tide was 5 it was just one of those quiet days.tried lures tried bait tried bigger bait just nuttin there.it may have produced later but tide was falling and would have been a bit more work to keep in the deeper hole as there are a few rocks in that little spot.like i say it was nice down there anyway.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:07 pm

went to Portsea London bridge area today. Nice weather, nice gutters - NO BIG FISH! :wall: :wall:

Well, the small ones were there. I caught 6 small ones on hard body and SP while waiting for the surf rods to buckle. Released all of the fish I caught spinning. I said to my self, the small ones are here, the big ones must be just a foot farther. WRONG! Arrived 930AM to fish the change of the tide. High tide was past 12PM. No hits! :sleepy1: :sleepy1: :sleepy1: Then, one of my surf rods bent only to lose the fish in the breakers. :wall: While baiting, the other rod bent. I landed the fish - 400grams only. I was over the moon. one hit after another. That was already 130PM. My luck finally changed. :super: :super: WRONG AGAIN :wall: :wall: no more hits after that. Left the wet sand around 230PM with only 1 fish in the bucket.

Went to Blairgowrie Marina. There were lots of dried blood on the concrete - a good sign of salmon being caught! spent 30 minutes spinning - nothing! :wall:

Went to Rye pier, spin spin spin for 1 hour - nothing! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Drove home tired and with only one fish. Then I saw an idiot driving dangerously. The idiot was driving like a snake on a straight road. I pulled up beside him to gesture him to slow down and take it easy. 'was a young male driver who thinks he is indestructible. He had droopy eyes - maybe drunk, sleepy or on drugs. I can't be sure. He didn't look fit to drive. He then went nuts and cut me left and right and wont let me pass. He even slammed on his brakes twice while we were travelling at 100kph. On one occassion, I had to change lane to avoid hitting him. He was driving a holden - small sedan. I was driving an SUV with bull bars. Speaking of stupidity on the road - my bull bar was bigger than his car. I called the police and told them to intercept the guy. I gave the police his rego and I also took a photo of his car. I wonder if he got caught or got a knock on his door tonight. Bloody idiot. :angryfire: Idiots dont grow old, they die young.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:21 am

Fish-cador wrote:went to Portsea London bridge area today. Nice weather, nice gutters - NO BIG FISH! :wall: :wall:
I had planned to fish that area on the previous Friday, glad I didn't make a wasted effort.

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”