Dead then Nuts

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Dead then Nuts

Post by poodoo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
GTSHoon wrote:Hi guys I'm looking at a jewel or a Catana which would you guys suggest?
Thanks
Cam
I use a jewel, but also have a catana..just like the look of the jewel a bit more is all...
Nothing really between the two, just comes down to personal preference
I reckon they are the same blank, but the jewel has slightly better fuji reel seat, guides are the same, but there is the cosmetics the jewel looks nicer and shimmers..... :rofl: :rofl: I have a jewel as well.

When BCF have a sale, you just missed this one they have the catana 902 and a soltace 4000 for 99 bucks. Good value for the price. Add 12 - 15 lb braid on and you are set for spinning in the surf. Otherwise when anaconda have sales you can get the 902 catana for ~80 bucks by itself. That is if you can wait...... :rofl: :rofl:

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:Drove down to Gunnamatta this afternoon got there at 1pm high tide at 2:20. The surf was angry but decided an 1hours drive deserves a fish. I spun for about 3hours with no luck, spoke to other fisherman both bait and spinners and no one had any luck.
Decided to leave and head for Sorrento and got there at 4:30. Plenty of people on the pier with lures at the ready :icon_lolz:
10 minutes later saw two dolphins harassing the salmon towards the right side of the pier but to far out. The dolphins decided to do all on the pier a favour and they brought them around the left side and towards the shallows. Well that's when everyone made their way over to the left side facing the shore and with archers at the ready lures were launched. For about 40min it was full on action. Caught 12 between 800g - 1kg dropped one larger than a 1kg, kept 10 and left with the salmon still biting. My hands were bugged with all the action but I'm not complaining :icon_lolz:
Looks like the salmon are all in the bay at the moment! :rofl: Nice catch Raul, good to see the dolphins as well.....

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:45 pm

tinyballerina wrote:Too much fun when it all comes together. When the buggers oblige it is really on for young and old. Great to see a pier full of smiling faces.

Sunday at sparrows, they turned it on for ten minutes. Been feasting on chunky bite size pieces of salmon in beer batter since. Vietnamese dipping sauce and a few bevvies......:)
Afew bevvies??? :Bar: You're under age. You shouldn't be drinking. :tongue: :rofl:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Bravo R7 !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: top job and a ripper catch. :fish22: :cheers:

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 pm

You got youself a nice Salmon haul :thumbsup:

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 pm

nhillboy wrote:Bravo R7 !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: top job and a ripper catch. :fish22: :cheers:
Vre nhillboy where the F@&$k have you been. You better have been fishing Martha dry because I've seen nothing from ya since Brighton ran dry of pinkies :cheers: :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

chillicrab

Post by chillicrab » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:44 pm

i was there on sunday morning.

the salmon were around and of course loads of people were there also, lined up shoulder to shoulder to rape the fish.

everyone was so focused on skull dragging the fish to the pier then getting their lure back in the water ASAP to rape the school of fish some more.

theres no time to enjoy the fishing, no time to dispatch the fish humanely. its all about who can drag more fish onto the pier.

after the frenzy, it was just pier full of bloody half dead fish flopping about

quite a disgusting sight.

Raulfc7

Post by Raulfc7 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:51 pm

chillicrab wrote:i was there on sunday morning.

the salmon were around and of course loads of people were there also, lined up shoulder to shoulder to rape the fish.

everyone was so focused on skull dragging the fish to the pier then getting their lure back in the water ASAP to rape the school of fish some more.

theres no time to enjoy the fishing, no time to dispatch the fish humanely. its all about who can drag more fish onto the pier.

after the frenzy, it was just pier full of bloody half dead fish flopping about

quite a disgusting sight.
Chilli you said you were there on Sunday right? Did you have a rod in your hand or did you just go for a walk on the pier?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

chillicrab

Post by chillicrab » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 pm

i had a rod in my hand, i was there to fish.

Raulfc7

Post by Raulfc7 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:55 pm

chillicrab wrote:i had a rod in my hand, i was there to fish.
Did you catch any and if so how many

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”