Salmon are off their head at frankston pier!

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Salmon are off their head at frankston pier!

Post by Scraglor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:27 am

haha wow, time sure flies. Might be worth starting to pop down to the pier after work for a prospect over the next few weeks. No fun once the word gets out and its chocka block. I definitely need to hurry up and pick up a kayak.

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:38 am

Scraglor wrote:haha wow, time sure flies. Might be worth starting to pop down to the pier after work for a prospect over the next few weeks. No fun once the word gets out and its chocka block. I definitely need to hurry up and pick up a kayak.
Use the boat mate, and landbase there will be fun, i've figured out ways to beat the mobs, simple really, fish sunrise hahah.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:31 pm

They have been on and off at Hearn road for a little while now. Big ones too.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:12 pm

DougieK wrote:They have been on and off at Hearn road for a little while now. Big ones too.
I've seen a couple of decent schools there in the last two weeks....

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:49 pm

So went down to IGA just before sunset and had the rod in the boot so stopped off at the Pier on dusk. No bites or fish in sight, however there was a flock of birds working a bait school about 100mtrs off Olivers Hill, probably a fair bet some sambos were pushing them up. Might have to do a few more recon missions over the next couple of weeks.

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:29 am

Scraglor wrote:So went down to IGA just before sunset and had the rod in the boot so stopped off at the Pier on dusk. No bites or fish in sight, however there was a flock of birds working a bait school about 100mtrs off Olivers Hill, probably a fair bet some sambos were pushing them up. Might have to do a few more recon missions over the next couple of weeks.
Think i saw you, maybe, i was there haha.i left right on sunset cause mum wanted me home early.
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Haha, yeah maybe. I went down again today between 4 and 5pm - blowing a gale. I didnt catch any Sambos, however I could see heaps of them following my lure, and had a lot of hits with no hook ups. One even smashed the lure on the surface and jumped. They were all small however, possibly not even legal size, so probably couldnt smallow the hooks. Will have to put singles on. Still, entertaining and means they are in the area at least.

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Scraglor wrote:Haha, yeah maybe. I went down again today between 4 and 5pm - blowing a gale. I didnt catch any Sambos, however I could see heaps of them following my lure, and had a lot of hits with no hook ups. One even smashed the lure on the surface and jumped. They were all small however, possibly not even legal size, so probably couldnt smallow the hooks. Will have to put singles on. Still, entertaining and means they are in the area at least.
Good stuff, soft plastics are the way to go in that case, i got this one on soft plastic the other day.

Mind the funky glasses set up, need glasses to see, and polarized sunnys to sight the salmon, and it was kinda sunny aha.
Attachments
salmon.jpg

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:32 pm

So, popped down for a half hour spin after gym tonight.

No salmon to be seen anywhere. I did however catch a seagull and a reasonable (39cm) flatty, on a salmon slug, which will be dinner tomorrow. Not what I was after, but better than nothing (the flatty anyhow)
Attachments
IMG_1148.JPG

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Scraglor wrote:So, popped down for a half hour spin after gym tonight.

No salmon to be seen anywhere. I did however catch a seagull and a reasonable (39cm) flatty, on a salmon slug, which will be dinner tomorrow. Not what I was after, but better than nothing (the flatty anyhow)
Slugs are becoming the new thing!

i got a cuttlefish on one, someone caught a squid a couple days prior then you get this flatty!
nice one, i'm heading down tomorrow let me know if ya going, or just look for the sephia/sustain combo.

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”