portsea back beach

Aussie Salmon, Bay Trout, all info for Australian Salmon
hangsta*

portsea back beach

Post by hangsta* » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:54 pm

well after reading in the paper that the salmon were on the chew @ portsea i decided to get in on the action,but maybe they ment portsea bayside :lol: got three one kilo models and a couple ive kept for bait. nice morning except for the two dills that decided to surf the break right in front of me,i whistled out to them and got the gesture back that "you cant possibly get us from there"about 130-150 meters,so i plonked a 5oz grip lead about 2 meters to the right of one of them,the gesture of wtf arms outstreched was sweet.they moved smh

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: portsea back beach

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:21 pm

nice one Hangsta. Lures or bait? The crabs are still thick in the back beach and bait can't last long.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:57 pm

hangsta* wrote:well after reading in the paper that the salmon were on the chew @ portsea i decided to get in on the action,but maybe they ment portsea bayside :lol: got three one kilo models and a couple ive kept for bait. nice morning except for the two dills that decided to surf the break right in front of me,i whistled out to them and got the gesture back that "you cant possibly get us from there"about 130-150 meters,so i plonked a 5oz grip lead about 2 meters to the right of one of them,the gesture of wtf arms outstreched was sweet.they moved smh

Sweet one,

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:17 pm

hangsta* wrote:i whistled out to them and got the gesture back that "you cant possibly get us from there"about 130-150 meters,so i plonked a 5oz grip lead about 2 meters to the right of one of them,the gesture of wtf arms outstreched was sweet.they moved smh
hahahaha :thumbsup: boss move! good one :D
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:27 am

I'm glad i never have had any surfer trouble as of yet while surf fishing , we all in the end share the waterways etc . :)

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:45 am

all fish were caught on bait,sqid and blue bait.i dropped a couple as well.gave the lure a go but no luck.took 4 hours to get the ones i got.quite a few people fishing to the right of the surf club, dont know if they were doing any better than i was.i couldn't see much action that way.

Mick.S

Post by Mick.S » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Nice one Pete....the power of casting :thumbsup:

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:49 am

yeah no match for the tt sport and a 6500 abu :Boxing: actually it was the first time ive taken the sport fishing and was very impressed with the bite detection even with the smaller fish.it was also good to make use of the reducer so i can cast with the reel down low.hope to get down there again soon i'll give you a call :thumbsup:

Return to “Australian Salmon Fishing”