Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:35 pm
Robbie1950 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:24 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:18 pm
Robbie1950 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:23 pm
I fished the Port Melbourne / Willy area last night with yet another donut :dn:

As I was putting the boat in at Newport ramp I actually met Brett from Reedy's Rigs as he pulled his boat out. They caught around 5 last night in and around the area. After having a chat he was kind enough to give me a pack of his 187 6/0 hooks. It was definitely very nice off him. It's not often anyone gives you anything for free these days! Cheers Brett :ch:
I think I'm the only guy on here that uses his gear....Its pretty good for the money & he shares a lot of info on his social media. :tu:
I have been using his ultra rigs for a while and I cant speak highly enough of them, you can see the quality in them. As for the 187 hooks he gave me I'm looking forward to trying them, they look very nice also.

The biggest problem in all this is actually catching a fish regardless of the gear :rf:
Are the Ultra Rigs worth the extra coin over the standard flasher rigs?
MATTY!!! Lol. Carn man, take a step aside and have a think about. A rig simply provides a means in which to present a bait. Don't be sold on all this flashy disco ball eccy poppin b/s, you're better than that bro. "Some" attractant can't go astray in order to get the fish's eye, in case it cruises by outside the bait's scent zone, but naturally presented baits are what will get you that wall hanger. Make/tie your own rigs dude and save your coin and spend it on the ever increasing price of fuel. Carn fella, you can do it :gj:

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Williamstown Port Area

Post by Mattblack » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:12 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:

As I was putting the boat in at Newport ramp I actually met Brett from Reedy's Rigs as he pulled his boat out. They caught around 5 last night in and around the area. After having a chat he was kind enough to give me a pack of his 187 6/0 hooks. It was definitely very nice off him. It's not often anyone gives you anything for free these days! Cheers Brett :ch:
I think I'm the only guy on here that uses his gear....Its pretty good for the money & he shares a lot of info on his social media. :tu:
I have been using his ultra rigs for a while and I cant speak highly enough of them, you can see the quality in them. As for the 187 hooks he gave me I'm looking forward to trying them, they look very nice also.

The biggest problem in all this is actually catching a fish regardless of the gear :rf:
MATTY!!! Lol. Carn man, take a step aside and have a think about. A rig simply provides a means in which to present a bait. Don't be sold on all this flashy disco ball eccy poppin b/s, you're better than that bro. "Some" attractant can't go astray in order to get the fish's eye, in case it cruises by outside the bait's scent zone, but naturally presented baits are what will get you that wall hanger. Make/tie your own rigs dude and save your coin and spend it on the ever increasing price of fuel. Carn fella, you can do it :gj:
Mate, you are over estimating my fishing abilities, but over the last few years the eccy poppin disco balls have caught more fish for me than the old twin hook (I used to run 2 flashers and 2 normal rigs and the flashers always caught more fish). I even made up a few of my own with extra glow beads (might steal your idea and market these under 'snapper eccy's!'), and they caught more fish than a 'standard' flasher rig.
Mind you my PB for a snapper is a pitiful 70cm, so you might be onto something there.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:06 pm
Redhunter wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:12 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

Mate, you are over estimating my fishing abilities, but over the last few years the eccy poppin disco balls have caught more fish for me than the old twin hook (I used to run 2 flashers and 2 normal rigs and the flashers always caught more fish). I even made up a few of my own with extra glow beads (might steal your idea and market these under 'snapper eccy's!'), and they caught more fish than a 'standard' flasher rig.
Mind you my PB for a snapper is a pitiful 70cm, so you might be onto something there.
Crikey Moses, 70!!! Enough said man, you are fishing for schoolies. A feed is enjoyable, but a monster is orgasmic. You've gotta pull up your socks champ!! Hahahaha...

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:51 am

Mattblack wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:

I think they are for the couple of dollars extra you pay for them. I've been using the same one for over a month now and its still in good nick as long as you rinse it in fresh water after a days fishing trip. I like the gauge of the hook also. As I've previously said I will always try support small Aussie business if I can, this is just one instance. Most importantly the pinkies love them (I'm sure the snapper do to I'm just going through a dry spell)

People are going to argue you can make them yourself bla bla bla.. To be quiet frank I just cbf. :vy:

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”