delete

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Fishing help

Post by vxcalais » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Not to be a spoil sport, but sometimes Toadies are the only thing on the scene all by itself. No.8 Circle beautiful to catch a Toadie or puffer. I was on Altona Pier recently, high tide and all, and for 4 hours a Toadie was all we saw. If there is nothin on the bite you can count on a Toadie coming along and biting off the tail on your wriggler or something else. But don't be cruel, if you hook one just chuck it back in and prey one of the old timers doesnt hook it up next............

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Fish-cador wrote:let us know how Patto went for you. Will flick my prawn if the place is producing fish. I have 4 of this and I haven't used them.

What size is that ? I might rig my new soft plastic squid and flatheads like that.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 pm

what size hook is in the pic?

johnat24

Post by johnat24 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:33 am

All toadies returned safe and sound, but what really pissed me off was when I ventured along to mordialloc creek last night to have a mosey around and a whole bunch of ethnics were fishing, catching what looked like mullet or whiting by the crane boat and keeping everything, no matter how small, and we are talking just 2-3 inches in some cases! Also the amount of dead toadies lying on the footpath and the grass! And guess what? They don't speak ******* English when you ask them about it!

shazzagraz

Fishing help

Post by shazzagraz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:07 pm

johnat24 wrote:All toadies returned safe and sound, but what really pissed me off was when I ventured along to mordialloc creek last night to have a mosey around and a whole bunch of ethnics were fishing, catching what looked like mullet or whiting by the crane boat and keeping everything, no matter how small, and we are talking just 2-3 inches in some cases! Also the amount of dead toadies lying on the footpath and the grass! And guess what? They don't speak ******* English when you ask them about it!
Can you call the dpi when you see this stuff happening and get them to act upon it? I'd bet those people didn't even have fishing licenses.

johnat24

Post by johnat24 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:30 pm

shazzagraz wrote:
johnat24 wrote:All toadies returned safe and sound, but what really pissed me off was when I ventured along to mordialloc creek last night to have a mosey around and a whole bunch of ethnics were fishing, catching what looked like mullet or whiting by the crane boat and keeping everything, no matter how small, and we are talking just 2-3 inches in some cases! Also the amount of dead toadies lying on the footpath and the grass! And guess what? They don't speak ******* English when you ask them about it!
Can you call the dpi when you see this stuff happening and get them to act upon it? I'd bet those people didn't even have fishing licenses.
I wouldn't doubt it for one minute Shazza. Do Licence holders here have the same powers as they do in the UK, namely that you can ask to see their Licence as long as you produce your own, and if they don't produce, you call the authorities? A sort of self policing if you will!

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:36 pm

i'm not sure if we can do that but thats a good ruling and would help the dpi regulate fishing.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”