Patterson lakes / river

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Patterson lakes / river

Post by ducky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:26 am

Summary of my night. On nightshift sleep pattern atm. Was laying in bed. Wide awake. Decided I wasn't going to stare at the ceiling. Grabbed the rod. A beanie and my waterproof jacket. Looked at my waterproof pants and thought "nah won't need em"

Start driving to Patto. The rain starts. "It's only water" get to Patto. Blowing 20 knot westerly with constant drizzle "ah well. I'm here now"

Literally not a soul to be found. I cast plastics up and down the entire length of the ramps for the next 3 hours until my jeans are completely soaked through and I give up.

Credit where credit is due. The heated seats in the car do wonders on a frozen/wet arse. Haha

vinalf

Post by vinalf » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:00 am

Well done for the effort. sorry about the reward.... Slpeepless here too!!! But not ken enough to get a rod, and I heard that heard that rain come thru....

dane9092

Patterson lakes / river

Post by dane9092 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Was down there today just before dark flicking a hardbody lure just under the bridge at the entrance and managed to get on too 2 little salmon, as I brought them to lift them out of the water they both flicked off right at my feet.. That was my shattering moment even had a boat stop to watch and see what I was going to pull in LOL.. Deff will be heading there tomorrow or sometime over the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mencev

Post by Mencev » Wed May 06, 2015 2:47 pm

So was down at Patto today just next to the bridge and caught some small salmon using chicken. Any tips on landing bigger fish that I don't have to throw back?

Phwaah

Post by Phwaah » Wed May 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Yeah. My mate was down there on Sunday. Caught 10+ small salmons. All about 21-25cm. No by catch. On pilchards

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed May 06, 2015 4:51 pm

I was down there last Friday night from 2am to 8am throwing lures. Nothing interesting except for watching a bmw get pulled out of the drink at dawn.

Mencev

Post by Mencev » Mon May 18, 2015 12:56 pm

When is a good time to catch flounder?

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”