Patterson lakes

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
dane9092

Patterson lakes

Post by dane9092 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Hey guys came down to patto tonight fishing the entrance right under the bridge using this little guy Image
Hooked on to 2 little salmon and as went to lift them out both times they dropped off right in front of me ! But other than fishing isn't bad tonight a lot of people down here.. Keep use updated on how I go for the rest of the night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Patterson lakes

Post by sasquatch972 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:30 pm

nice little lure there, i got a similar one but i think mines a kmart special version. could try putting some new hooks on? that made a big difference to my Rapala's for trout fishing, hardly any more drop off's and the hooks were less damaging to the fish than the stock VMC Trebles.
Anyway goodluck for the rest of the night, i might head down there tomorrow some time depending how i feel haha.

dane9092

Post by dane9092 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Yeah might have to change them.. can't remember where I got that lure tbh and yeah think I might head there again either tomorrow or the weekend was great feeling them hook up only shattering when I dropped both of them right at my feet :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:36 pm

good stuff mate, atleast you now got the hang on what to do with a hard body, the fish will come soon don't worry
those trebles are probably too big for the smaller salmon, the bigger one wont fall off, but they will jump and try to throw the hooks.
cheers

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”