how are the landbased pinkies going?

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
Bar002811

how are the landbased pinkies going?

Post by Bar002811 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Hey lads, just posting to See if anyone has been fishing or caught any pinkies latterly landbased in the top half of the bay? Or if they are around yet cheers bar :thumbsup:

rodderslw

Re: how are the landbased pinkies going?

Post by rodderslw » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:20 am

Bar002811 wrote:Hey lads, just posting to See if anyone has been fishing or caught any pinkies latterly landbased in the top half of the bay? Or if they are around yet cheers bar :thumbsup:
Not sure about LB but I launched the boat off Black Rock on Sat looking for decent pinkies but only found a few undersized ones. The surface water temp was 22 degrees I think thats a bit warm. Caught plenty of nice flatties over the rubbly ground though. There were a few boats on the clocktower reef...dont know if they were catching anything decent.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:38 am

rodderslw wrote:
Bar002811 wrote:Hey lads, just posting to See if anyone has been fishing or caught any pinkies latterly landbased in the top half of the bay? Or if they are around yet cheers bar :thumbsup:
Not sure about LB but I launched the boat off Black Rock on Sat looking for decent pinkies but only found a few undersized ones. The surface water temp was 22 degrees I think thats a bit warm. Caught plenty of nice flatties over the rubbly ground though. There were a few boats on the clocktower reef...dont know if they were catching anything decent.
You had more luck than us - we drifted for a bit about 15-11m depth of Rickets for nothing. Anchored up around Ricketts for nothing other than small flatheads, small banjoes and what I think was a big ray.

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:50 pm

rodderslw wrote:
Sounds good :a_goodjob:

Nuscani

Post by Nuscani » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:21 am

St Kilda pier is full of pinkies at the moment mate.

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”