Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Spot for tonight

Post by Blueyed1 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:56 am

You bad boys....

Genericname

Post by Genericname » Sat May 20, 2017 11:37 am

Hahaha! Weather was kind to us, small amount of moisture around. Just dropping soft baits down structure around the main arm and the little marina. No interest, although there was a reasonable amount of bait fish activity. Planning on heading out again tonight I think. Would love to catch anything at this point, thought bream could provide some likely action to keep her interested.
As far as the mulloway go, I am aware they are bastards to catch, that is part of the appeal. I am from the UK and spent most of my fishing life there chasing bass, which are just as elusive! That being said, if you don't go with a positive attitude, technique and attention to detail is bound to slip and further weaken your chances of bagging that beast. Many times I have taken my eyes of the prize and missed a decent bite or reacted to soon and spooked the fish, I guess this is why my best bass is a mere 2.5kg after many years of trying!

Genericname

Post by Genericname » Sat May 20, 2017 11:37 am

Also how heavily are no fishing signs enforced around the docklands?

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sat May 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Genericname wrote:Also how heavily are no fishing signs enforced around the docklands?
This might go some way to answering that

http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30856

bilby

Post by bilby » Sat May 20, 2017 1:28 pm

The "no fishing, no skateboarding, etc" signs are not worth the aluminium and plastic they are printed on - with the exception of the landing pontoons in some areas, where the ferries and other river craft have the right to land.

Genericname

Post by Genericname » Sat May 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Nice link, very informative, I was hoping so long as I behave in a respectable manner I would have little issue. Just been out and purchased a few new bits to try out next time.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Texas wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Genericname wrote:Want to take the girlfriend fishing with her $12 beast, plan is to get her to catch me some livebait! Looking for some bream and potentially a mulloway if very lucky. Was thinking under the Bolte bridge or around docklands.
Could be a little moist tonight.
Is it because of the possible rain or because of something else? :tongue:

:rofl:
Hydrometer no, I like to use my own senses

Gra
:thumbsup: Feel, smell, taste? :rofl:

Genericname

Post by Genericname » Thu May 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Had a few more docklands sessions, trying everything I can. Still no real luck, had a hit on my bait jig I was hoping to catch live bait on, straightened out the hook! I am fishing tight to the structure with bait and lures and despite the odd bite from presumably tiny fish I am still drawing blanks.
Bought myself a hoop net now to assist with bait and landing duties, about to head down for another session, hopefully today will be the day I end my blank streak, I haven't caught a fish since NZ.
Attachments
18675058_10154387181590780_757956061_o.jpg

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”