Some Fun with Pinkies

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Some Fun with Pinkies

Post by JS270 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:19 am

Had another enjoyable session down on the bay with my mate John. We were hoping to pick up a few fish around Port Melbourne but as John had gotten down earlier and not turned a reel we decided to head down the bay a little.

As it proved a good decision as John was into a pan sized Pinky on the first cast.

John seemed to be on the sweet spot and proceeded to take the next couple of fish during the session. The bulk of these were taken on Salmon fillet mated to a circle hook . Image

Whilst the session proceeded John was quite happy that he also took a few more fish on a rod that he had borrowed from me. I did land a couple of fish though they were smaller and therefore sent back to grow a bit more.

As John had prior engagements the following morning he headed off before the morning tide change and I should have joined him as the wind died down and so too did the bite. Given that I had nothing scheduled for the next day I persisted and took a few pan sized fish though like I said I should have left given the flat sea.

The morning sun rise session was great to see but sadly none of the bigger fish had read the rules and I didn't take anything but still had a relaxed session. Looking forward to having a snapper meal again though :water:

Will head out again during the week :a_goodjob:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Some Fun with Pinkies

Post by Lightningx » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:54 am

Nice report and pics :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Some Fun with Pinkies

Post by smile0784 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:55 pm