Who needs a boat

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
ecoronad
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Who needs a boat

Post by ecoronad » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Fish-cador wrote: The look from other LB fishos who got donuts was priceless. Too bad for many that the fish were beyond casting distance.
Just out of curiosity, how much do you charge the other LB fishos per drop? $5 per drop sounds fair?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:20 pm

ecoronad wrote:
Fish-cador wrote: The look from other LB fishos who got donuts was priceless. Too bad for many that the fish were beyond casting distance.
Just out of curiosity, how much do you charge the other LB fishos per drop? $5 per drop sounds fair?
For a friend its free. For others who wont let me fish within 100 meters of their rods, I let them drool. Lol

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Nice work mate. . How's the drone performing so far?
All good. It's heavy thus precision adjustments on directions can be tricky at times specially if a bit windy. I might start using the auto feature and use the waypoints for precision flying.

It can carry up to 1 kg of rig and burley to be dropped at the same time. Making it easy to put burley where the bait is.

One thing I learned is to wash my hands before picking up the remote and drone. :oops: :down:

The look from other LB fishos who got donuts was priceless. Too bad for many that the fish were beyond casting distance.
That's Great. With some more practice it will be a walk in the park. .. hurry up and get some more practice im looking for someone to do some small aerial videos of my boat. If your up for it let me know.
Cheers

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Great catch FC but your bucket is on fire :cheers:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:12 am

Fish-cador wrote:
ecoronad wrote:
For a friend its free. For others who wont let me fish within 100 meters of their rods, I let them drool. Lol
Love it or hate it results are proven

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:11 am

A mate and I went back Nov 11 late afternoon to fish the sunset. Landed these on bait sent out by the drone. Soon the drone was in the hangar as the sun had fully set. We stayed a bit longer and cast as far as we can but only landed a couple more after hours of trying. The fish were way too far to reach by simply casting 4oz sinkers.

Too many subtle pulls on our lines which we suspected were crabs. Sure enough we landed one.
Attachments
Drone catch Nov 11.jpg

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 am

Is this LB ppb?

Stewy

Post by Stewy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 am

Be careful using the waypoints, after Doing a waypoint, delete it/clear screen as after completing and it lands and turns off , it may start them again automatically.
Mine did that as I went to grab it, just turned on and off it went.

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:39 am

Very nice Earl. Well done

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:46 am

Stewy wrote:Be careful using the waypoints, after Doing a waypoint, delete it/clear screen as after completing and it lands and turns off , it may start them again automatically.
Mine did that as I went to grab it, just turned on and off it went.
Thanks stewy. Will test it first before i use it for fishing.

I am now more than capable of steering the drone through a maze. Patience is the key for this heavy drone. Light touch works a treat.... there is only one flight path anyway - Straight out and return to home

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”