Has liked: 39 times

Re: Life is definitely tougher without a boat

Post by smile0784 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Could always hire a boabs boat if you wanted to get out with so.e freedom

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed May 16, 2018 1:29 pm

I have opposite problem, 2 boats n no tow car....
,99 % commodore blew up today...can't even go lb ,misses says fish stinks her car up to much,which is true.

Great catches btw

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote: Funny you mentioned mulloway in the patto.
Just a couple of days ago my missus showed me a pic of a couple of blokes with a pair of nice sized mulloway from there.
They both looked good size :P
Yeah mate, they were 10 and 12kg models. Both over 1m
Yep so you know about it and I think from memory they were caught half an hour apart. I have had many long cold nights as well in the past. The live mullets sounds like a top idea :thumbsup:

It’s the one species I’ve always just marvelled at and haven’t started to do some work on. But now after having a couple sessions I’m really determined to nail it. And when I can use the boat again, I’ll be doing long hours down the Mosquito Channel in WP. Watching Wingas Mulloway videos gets me G’d up to try... lol
Yea I have watched all those as well. My friend is actually good friends with Dave standing the one who caught the 45kg fish was it? Something like that.
Anyway don’t be discouraged if you go a bunch of times and catch nothing. I had to go many many times to get my first one.
Felt like giving up many times along the way mate :P
Yeah that’s it Dave and Adrian, what a fish.

Yeah I know a Jew takes a long time for sure, I’m use to being patient and detained now after the long sessions to get the first gummy. I’m sure it’ll be longer than that though. But when it does happen all the long nights will be worth it.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 pm

smile0784 wrote:Could always hire a boabs boat if you wanted to get out with so.e freedom

Actually have a mate who’s brother owns the Yaringa and Mornington hire boats, so could be a possibility that way tbh.. we’ll see. Just good getting out there regardless.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:56 pm

bowl wrote:I have opposite problem, 2 boats n no tow car....
,99 % commodore blew up today...can't even go lb ,misses says fish stinks her car up to much,which is true.

Great catches btw

Bloody hell that’d be annoying as... she isn’t wrong about the stink part but... you gotta sneak out somehow.

Thanks mate.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed May 16, 2018 2:25 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Yeah mate, they were 10 and 12kg models. Both over 1m
Yep so you know about it and I think from memory they were caught half an hour apart. I have had many long cold nights as well in the past. The live mullets sounds like a top idea :thumbsup:

It’s the one species I’ve always just marvelled at and haven’t started to do some work on. But now after having a couple sessions I’m really determined to nail it. And when I can use the boat again, I’ll be doing long hours down the Mosquito Channel in WP. Watching Wingas Mulloway videos gets me G’d up to try... lol
Yea I have watched all those as well. My friend is actually good friends with Dave standing the one who caught the 45kg fish was it? Something like that.
Anyway don’t be discouraged if you go a bunch of times and catch nothing. I had to go many many times to get my first one.

Yeah I know a Jew takes a long time for sure, I’m use to being patient and detained now after the long sessions to get the first gummy. I’m sure it’ll be longer than that though. But when it does happen all the long nights will be worth it.
That’s exactly right mate :P
I have had funny experiences with mulloway a in the past.
I remember a session where me and my mate went to catch fresh squid for bait. Got the squid and went to our spot.
Set up our fresh squid baits and just for something else I throw out another rod with just frozen half pillie on it. And guess what? The one with the frozen pillie buckles and starts taking line and results in a mulloway while the fresh squid didn’t get touched!!! :rofl:

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote: Yep so you know about it and I think from memory they were caught half an hour apart. I have had many long cold nights as well in the past. The live mullets sounds like a top idea :thumbsup:

That’s exactly right mate :P
I have had funny experiences with mulloway a in the past.
I remember a session where me and my mate went to catch fresh squid for bait. Got the squid and went to our spot.
Set up our fresh squid baits and just for something else I throw out another rod with just frozen half pillie on it. And guess what? The one with the frozen pillie buckles and starts taking line and results in a mulloway while the fresh squid didn’t get touched!!! :rofl:

That’s usually how it goes isn’t it ... lol. The humble pillie.

sturgeon

Post by sturgeon » Wed May 16, 2018 5:30 pm

That's way better than me on a boat!

Haha!

bluewater81
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bluewater81 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Does winga post on here?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:09 pm

bowl wrote:I have opposite problem, 2 boats n no tow car....

Great catches btw
That sucks.
Well that sucks.
You going to replace or fix?

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”