Rock Platform

Pier Fishing, Rock Fishing and general land based fishing around Melbourne
Longshot

Re: Rock Platform

Post by Longshot » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 pm

A fairly easy and fairly safe Rock Platform down that way is the spit of rock that juts out between YCW Beach and Smiths Beach on Phillip Island, head down the road to YCW Beach and walk down, its fairly quiet, and your normally past the Surfers. I've picked up Trevally, Leatherjackets and Sambos from there, a mates told me he's got pinkies b4, but I've never got one personally from it. Run out tide is Best, as at full hi tide you'll be walking through waist deep water to get back.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:46 pm

CrazyChenski wrote:Sounds like oyu want to do Rock fishing ? THought about surf fishing ? or even jsut normal pier fishing to start off ? Surf fishing maybe abit more close ro rock than pier.

You might want to see if you can tag along with CarlG or Fish-Cader theya re regular @ Gunnamatta. THese are more safer option than rock fishing.
You wouldn`t be saying that if you`d seen some of the dingbats I`ve seen down there...there was a bloke there at the weekend...holy jesus...he was wading out waist deep and jumping the waves just to cast...I saw him get smashed twice...what a frigging tit-**nk..

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm

CarlG wrote:
CrazyChenski wrote:Sounds like oyu want to do Rock fishing ? THought about surf fishing ? or even jsut normal pier fishing to start off ? Surf fishing maybe abit more close ro rock than pier.

You might want to see if you can tag along with CarlG or Fish-Cader theya re regular @ Gunnamatta. THese are more safer option than rock fishing.
You wouldn`t be saying that if you`d seen some of the dingbats I`ve seen down there...there was a bloke there at the weekend...holy jesus...he was wading out waist deep and jumping the waves just to cast...I saw him get smashed twice...what a frigging tit-**nk..
You serious? Some people are just asking for it! :wall:

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Not even need to travel that far; punchbowl, Kilcunda and Mt Martha rocks. There are a few locations in Mornington areas as well and they are all reasonably safe allowing you to fish on steady rocky ground; yes you can catch pinkies, snapper and leather jacket there when they are around. Google map is your friend my mate!

slinga

Post by slinga » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:08 pm

I know of a few safe spots with good fish. Depends on what you wanna catch though??
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

GummySlayer

Post by GummySlayer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:16 pm

Mostly chasing snapper, gummies, sambos, or anything i can use as bait for the above ;)

Return to “Melbourne Land Based Fishing”