markfish

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: markfish

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:09 am

Nude up wrote:I was at the boat show today and spoke with the guy from markfish unfortunately this model will not talk to my raymarine chartplotter. I was gutted I was so looking forward to getting one. Christmas time he said mark 2 will be out and it will talk to my raymarine I can't wait
What raymarine plotter are you using.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:27 am

rb85 wrote:
Nude up wrote:I was at the boat show today and spoke with the guy from markfish unfortunately this model will not talk to my raymarine chartplotter. I was gutted I was so looking forward to getting one. Christmas time he said mark 2 will be out and it will talk to my raymarine I can't wait
I have a raymarine a98 which uses lighthouse software apparently. The markfish paperwork did say it will connect to a series but he said that is the legacy a series. He was a great guy to talk to and assured me they were working on a fix.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:34 am

We spoke with one of the Furuno guys at the show about it and he said that his feedback/experience has shown that it's only really useful when deepwater fishing or if you are sounding up at high speed.

At low speed in shallow waters (-20m etc) chances are you aren't going to be that far of the fish when you mark them and it's just a matter of tracing your path back a bit.....

*His opinion only, not sure if it helps at all!

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Nude up wrote:
rb85 wrote:
I have a raymarine a98 which uses lighthouse software apparently. The markfish paperwork did say it will connect to a series but he said that is the legacy a series. He was a great guy to talk to and assured me they were working on a fix.
Cheers Im going to purchase one will post you my thoughts on it in the coming months.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:55 pm

We picked up a new lowrance elite 9ti at the boat show, pretty keen to check this feature out. Apparently you can scroll back thru the sounder and mark any fish you previously went over. Not sure how useful it will be actually in use.

chocolatemoose

Post by chocolatemoose » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:26 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUDNVNN-GsQ
i made a little video on the markfish a while ago. spoke to the egineer behind it at the boat show as well. it worked.... well....for me. but happy to hear there is a bluetooth and NM2K version on its way. very neat little unit.

Moose

Simon317

Post by Simon317 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:16 pm

Nude up, I was at Nautek marine yesterday and spoke to Michael about the Markfish. He said he is weeks away from from getting the Markfish to talk to Raymarine. I have 1 installed to my 588 and works perfectly and fast. I also have HDS7 G3 which also allows me to scroll back and mark a waypoint. I had the Markfish installed because I thought by running my 588/SS175HW and 200khz transducer, it would interfer and mix up the return signal. That's not the case. They both work perfectly at the same time. Best of both worlds. In case I do miss the fish on the 588, I have my second option of scrolling back on lowrance. He assured me that by marking fish on the Furuno is more accurate than the lowrance. Both do the job nicely

Simon317

Post by Simon317 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 pm

My units
Attachments
IMG_3824.PNG
IMG_3823.PNG
IMG_3822.PNG

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:32 pm