markfish

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

markfish

Post by Nude up » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Does anyone on the forum have or used one of these its called markfish cost around $280 I have a furuno 585 and a ray marine a98 chartplotter from what I have read it will allow me to mark fish on the sounder using a cursor when marked it will display it on the chartplotter.
I plan on purchasing one soon but am keen on hearing from other furuno users there thoughts
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-06-09-12-10-05.png

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: markfish

Post by rb85 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Ordering 1 soon look like a good product

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Thats a nifty little unit, although i would have thought this is already on the more expensive sounders.the lowrance units have them in the HDS and Elite series units im pretty sure of that.

on my sounder you can scroll back to the fish you sounded up and touch the screen and then have options to convert to way point or use the trolling motor to actually just take you to the spot and anchor there

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:28 pm

purple5ive wrote:Thats a nifty little unit, although i would have thought this is already on the more expensive sounders.the lowrance units have them in the HDS and Elite series units im pretty sure of that.

on my sounder you can scroll back to the fish you sounded up and touch the screen and then have options to convert to way point or use the trolling motor to actually just take you to the spot and anchor there
You are right most newer units have this option but only if you have a, the same units or b, a combo sounder plotter. This unit allows the furuno sounder to talk via nmea 0183 to my raymarine chartplotter. Or other non furuno units as long as they support nmea 0183.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Ahh yes, i understand the situation where having a plotter and sounder as 2 seperate units, then this would be real handy.
mine is ofcourse an all in one unit.
better screentime with 2 units anyway.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Dont have one but in the tutorial document I've got from Reel Time Charter tuition he lists it as an invaluable piece of equipment when using furuno sounder/other brand GPS.

canned_tuna
Has liked: 15 times

Post by canned_tuna » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:46 pm

From memory you cant scroll back on the furuno units, I never could when I had the 582...maybe it has changed with the newer versions

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:11 pm

canned_tuna wrote:From memory you cant scroll back on the furuno units, I never could when I had the 582...maybe it has changed with the newer versions
From the videos I have seen once you hit the blue mark button it stops the screen and the pad at the top moves the curser I will wait till the boat show and see if any are there.

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:32 am

Nude up, from what I've read and heard it's the only solution that you can use to mark your fish or baitball on a Furuno sounder when using another GPS. The only problem with this setup is that you can only scroll back to what is currently visible on your Furuno screen. Once it's off the Furuno screen you cannot scroll back beyond what is on the screen. With combined units or units of the same brand that network, you can generally scroll back to about 2 minutes to mark and GPS locate the baitball or fish.

I've enquired at CH Smith about this setup recently....Worth dropping in to their store at Fairfied. They've moved there recently - awesome store.....and great service.

Joe

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 pm

I was at the boat show today and spoke with the guy from markfish unfortunately this model will not talk to my raymarine chartplotter. I was gutted I was so looking forward to getting one. Christmas time he said mark 2 will be out and it will talk to my raymarine I can't wait

Return to “Marine Electronics”